AAKAMILITARY shoite service

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by thegimp, Sep 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Don't normally complain ior bad mouth business but tried to order some kit from this lot.

AAKA Productions Ltd.,
    Unit 15 Coleman House
    Penge High Street
    SE20 7EX
    OTP Vat No: 766 7652 79
    Tel: +44 (0)1689 891 777
    Fax: +44 (0)1689 891 777

I was expecting a rapid delivery (In this age of next day delivery and online ordering)

Three weeks later trying to chase them up, the phone number on the website doesn't work, they have an anonyomous "order" email address, they claim to be on skype but don't respond

Shoite shoite shoite :x
  2. "Murked"
  3. They went out of business months ago. They were just down the road from me, and had some very nice kit at reasonable prices, but there was a distinct lack of customers on the two occasions I visited their shop. So its little wonder it folded.
  4. why are they still taking orders then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. It's the software. When company's go bust they often don't tell their ISP and software being inherently stupid it keeps working until someone takes the site down.....
  6. Not exactly the nicest place to visit either, their front door being next to the wino brollies just outside Iceland.

I'm from Penge myself originally but haven't been back since just after the Robin Hood burnt down (oh and no, it wasn't me who did it). Shame really, I used to like it in the Robin Hood, a good mix of 'characters' and my ex-Para mate was a regular.
  7. Wish I had seen this post a few weeks ago! Tried to order something from them, they got my money but have never delivered the goods. No reply to e-mails, phone number does not work etc.
  8. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Maybe the mods could make these info posts stickies ?
  9. If you paid by credit card gents it should be easy enough to get your money back (if some what lengthy sometimes) if by debit card not so easy. Best speaking to your banks and asking for Visa /Mastercards Disputes number. Switch was becoming maestro when I left banking so I dont know what cover it has - Switch had none.
  10. Given the location of their shop I would have thought that mail order would have been their primary earner. If they have gone under then they ave no excuse not to take down their web site.
  11. I dont belive it!

there go's my £110!
  12. Sounds like the directors want outing. I'm sure they'll cough up rather than take a good shoeing.
  13. Note in this forum there is a list of Good/bad kit suppliers. As reccommended by ARRSE members.