Aacc ta

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by PRG, Jan 16, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. PRG

PRG

Any Riflemen here or anyone know if TA Rifles are allowed to do the AACC (TA) ?

My old PSI said there's no such course! The new PSI said yes and says he's waiting for details but that was a couple of months ago.

Cheers

2. There is an AACC for the TA as some non RMR units are Commando roled. ( eg. 131 Indep Cdo Sqn RE(V)).

Neither 6 nor 7 Rifles are, nor or the northern advance party guys up north so there is no justification for you being out forward for the course.

3. Tell me you are not Woodsey ? (I feel a huge thread reference 131 Commando RE (V) commencing)....................................

4. PRG

PRG

From what I understand 1 Rifles do the AACC as they support 3 Cdo and as 6/7 get deployed with the former....

5. 1 Rifles are Regular. They'll have guys posted in from 6 and 7 Rifles, but that'll be for HERRICK stuff. Unless they are on FTRS, there is no way there will be enough time for them to do the AACC. MST / PDT is pretty full-on.

6. If thats your understanding of it, you should continue to disbelieve any information given to you that goes against your understanding of the situation. ;P

7. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

I thought anyone could apply to do it? like any other course. not that you would get accepted, like any other course :)

8. Nope.

Bids need to be submitted via CoC / PSI.

If there is no need for you to do the course, you ain't gonna have your bid submitted.