Aacc or p coy

Alright everyone

I’m joining royal engineers soon and would like to do either p coy or aacc but have read ant Middletons story of 23 para engineer regiment ? Anyone know what it’s actually like the 23 para engineer regiment ? Cheers

Am I right in saying, that if you were to do AACC, then you would then be eligible for BPC. You could then serve with in either a Cmdo or Airborne unit as the opportunity presents.

Personally, I'd go AACC, but that's just me.

Last edited:
Am I right in saying, that if you were to do AACC, then you would then be eligible for BPC. You could then serve with in either a Cmdo or Airborne unit as the opportunity presents.

Personally, I'd go AACC, but that's just me.
Correct, AACC is an arduous course that qualifies you to do the "Jumps" for your wings without needing to also do P Company.

Correct, AACC is an arduous course that qualifies you to do the "Jumps" for your wings without needing to also do P Company.
Then that's the answer to the OPs enquiry.

AACC + BPC = serve in either capacity.

Whereas, if he opts for P Coy, he can go to a Para unit, but can't serve in a cmdo role until he's done AACC.

Seems a no brainer to me. It's got to be AACC.

As a side note, I believe some from 1 RIFLES did exactly that, so ended up with both as a result of doing AACC.