AAC under attack - from the Crabs

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Yokel, Mar 20, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. "Can anybody explain the jointery aspect of the Joint Helicopter Command? - to me it seems to be a spineless organisation that justifies the existance of outdated and under-performing useless Army Air Corps assets."

Even I'm amazed at the lack of knowledge shown by this bloke. An UberTroll if ever there was one.
  2. One of two things;

The wife was probably got too close to an AAC soldier or prehaps he has won his ATC sqn's aircraft recognition competition and is feeling on top of the world.
  3. Solution.Privatise the CrabAir Helis.Break up AAC and hand choppers back to RE(after all we helped to form the RAF),Arty and RAC.
  4. Flyingrockdj

Flyingrockdj War Hero Moderator

Reform the RFC

That'll rattle the foookers

Spineless whingers
  5. There is an answer.

6. I may be wrong, but won't it be bringing the best infantry in the world?

T C
  7. Yes, it may well bring the finest infantry in the world.............but one man at a time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Come on - 'fess up. Which one of you sky blue beret wearers is really Laughingboy? :lol:
  9. AAC under attack - from the Crabs

Well, it won't be an airborne assault. I'm sure the illustrious AAC can settle this in an intelligent and rational matter. Beat the fcukers up but watch out for the sixty year old corporals with zimmer frames, they can be dangerous if woken. Watch out for spies and double agents as well as a 652 pilot went crab air as attached to the AAC all he had on his shoulder was a chip. Another 652 pilot was ex crab. Should be a good fight, I'm firmly in the middle kicking the odd crab when they're down in a totally neutral and impartial manner.

As an ex-BAT, I have never forgotten being chased round Guetersloh by a VC10 and trying to jam two Gazelles into the back of a Hercules. The loadmaster told us to use load spreaders as we kicked around some scabby lumps of wood (load spreaders) and almost being killed by a crab air Chinook from Guetersloh to Hildesheim and the only time I've seen a QHI praying means a slight bias towards the AAC.

Sorry carry on, I'm off to post something more intelligent if I can find my dictionary.
  10. KENNYR Said "..and the Apache has yet to be tried and tested in an operational environment......"

Have the Americans not already proved the Apache in an operational environment. Granted I don't know much about helicopters but surely the British Apache can't differ that much from the American variants.
  11. Yes it does

We have better pilots!!!!
  12. The UK AH is much better. One of the reasons the apache was chosen as the UK's attack helicopter was that it is battle proven.

And what's more (I don't believe I am about to say this as an ex groundie) but the AAC pilots far better than the rest. And that includes the crabs . .

I do however have a lot of respect for the Navy pilots, having been flow low level over the nogin at night and landed on a Frigate in the S Atlantic, all with no firkin lights . . You chaps have my greatest R e s p e c t .
  13. Spotrep

Oh go on, please please please please.

Roughly who/where is he?

Embittered helmet fixer?

Nothing worse than a chippy Crab....

Anyway, the RAF have arguably done better out of JHC than the AAC have!!