AAC Officer Pilot Selection

That's staggering! What an absolute clown.
He wasn't alone. I can think of four further cases after that; no doubt all could and should be pilots, but not military pilots.

If it was OASC he failed then he would have to apply to the Army from scratch, pass selection for Sandhurst (similar to OASC), then be selected by the AAC for pilot training.

If it was the CBAT (aptitude) element of OASC he failed then there is limited preparation that can be done in order to pass a second time (the saying is you either have the aptitude, or you don't, but the pass mark for Army pilot is different (ie lower) to that for RAF, which is far more competitive).
Well this is the update. He has been offered an “Air Ops” officer role, so looks like he failed the apptitude bit, he is very undecided as he wants to do nothing but fly.
The Army route is out as he wants to fly not soldier, so if it's not AAC pilot then he is not interested.

Well this is the update. He has been offered an “Air Ops” officer role, so looks like he failed the apptitude bit, he is very undecided as he wants to do nothing but fly.
The Army route is out as he wants to fly not soldier, so if it's not AAC pilot then he is not interested.

I don't know the guy so take this for what it's worth - if he only wants to fly and won't contemplate any other job then he's in it purely for what he can get out of it for himself and would be the worst sort of officer. The service may be better off without him. If he dries his eyes and adopts a more mature attitude then he can still have a career to be proud of.

Issi

LE
You've said that far more eloquently than I could have.

I met a few officers (usually posh cavalry types), who were clearly just there for a jolly for a couple of years, before getting back to the City or the Stud farm.

It also sounds likely that he failed aircrew selection and/or the medical sufficiently to preclude the other two services anyway, otherwise he'd have been offered another type of aircrew position within the RAF.

It also sounds likely that he failed aircrew selection and/or the medical sufficiently to preclude the other two services anyway, otherwise he'd have been offered another type of aircrew position within the RAF.
Yup, rather think your right.
The thing now is how best to dust him down and point him on his way. We were all young once and for someone who hasn't failed in anything this is a hard and painful lesson.

Eyes_Right

Old-Salt
If he failed the patting your head while giving the CO a blowjob phase, he will struggle to get any further with pilot selection. If he failed the RAF Officer selection phase, he will be fine once he admits he doesn't like long walks on the beach and meeting like minded bi-curious folk.

Latest Threads