AAC Leather aircrew jacket?

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Raven2008, Dec 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Years ago in an aviation magazine, thought I saw the crews of the Silver / Blue Eagles porting leather aircrew jackets

Can someone tell me if they the same as the RAF aircrew leather jacket supplied by Aviation Leathercraft or are they standard for all AAC aircrew?

2. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

AAC ones don't need a stain treatment so the ground crews scattering rose petals on them as they walk out of the crew room don't mark the leather.
  3. The Blue Ego's jackets were provided by a well-intentioned sponsor, ISTR. Us mortal aircrew never needed to pose.
  4. I believe they also came with a stick on moustache and frilly white silk scarf. Available from the clothing store as long as you handed over your common sense at the time of collection.
  5. Dont do it. If you have to wear leather make it a leather mini.

Top gun is fictional
  6. You know you have ruined the dreams of every squawk aircrew with that statement!!
  7. Yep, we certainly used to get them from Aviation Leathercraft at Thruxton. Was nice going down there to get them tailor made. Not standard issue for all AAC aircrew and I dont think the Corps can afford the £500 a shot (at the time) that we used to get them for.
  8. Won't be many needed for next season...a big mistake.
  9. BEHDT 2006 thought them unnecessary - altho' S02 Displays rather fancied himself in one...
  10. I thought they couldnt find any cows big enough to fit SO2 Displays :wink:
  11. I think you will find that they are isssued to AAC aircrew. Thing is the AAC aircrew are now getting them from PAS/Bond/Premiair to name a few.
  12. Not from PAS anymore, we get a fleece and a waterproof jkt. Better than the leather jkt...
  13. With the exception of flying (whilst actually in the aircraft, preferably pre-1950s) and driving a classic car (also preferably pre-1950s) , no gentleman wears a leather jacket anyway.
  14. Such a lovely shade of blue/grey as well.

It pains me to say it but would almost suit the posers in light blue.