AAC Harrogate, who went through the factory?

Hi All,

Just wondering how many of you went through Harrogate whilst it was still the Apprentices college?

Me = Rawson Sqn, intake 90c

Would be nice to see how many there are ;)

Regards,

Tw@.

1990, I was still in primary school. No particluar input here, just wanted to make you feel old :lol:

Yeah I went through in the early 90's, Scott Sqn. Loved it, 16 years old, 250 pounds a month pay, getting fcuked round from a%$*hole to breakfast. God I miss it!!!!!!

Thebull140 said:
1990, I was still in primary school. No particluar input here, just wanted to make you feel old :lol:

theparamancan said:
1990, I was still in primary school. No particluar input here, just wanted to make you feel old
1990 I hadn't even started primary school.....
My, what a pair of young whipper snappers :D. Its all relative like tho innit?

If its any consolation, i dont feel that old :oops: will seriously rethink that statement when i start to see guys @ work who werent even a twinkle in their dads nut sack when i joined up :/

Thanks for the replies peeps, keep em coming ?

Regards,

Tw@.

Tw@. said:
If its any consolation, i dont feel that old :oops: will seriously rethink that statement when i start to see guys @ work who werent even a twinkle in their dads nut sack when i joined up :/
You've only got a year before it can start happening.

Grandad

Nice to see a few crawling out the woodwork ;) even though its a couple of cabbages and tech biatches :D ;) :p (all was fair in love and war, AAC Harrogate)

Now all we need is someone from Penny (tooth brush gang :D) to stick their heads in.

Regards,

Tw@.

Best thing ever about Harrogate? Bradley Sqn when Single Entry moved from Catterick!

We'd go out on the p1$$ every night of the week, go home every weekend (or alternatively, get woken up by the shouting from the square on a Saturday morning as your hangover kicks in!!)

Scott Squadron 91B-1Spec...

...and I'm still not bored explaining to the new lads who Mr. Barratt was :D

Mr Barratt!!! I remember him well.

Didn't he teach morse!!??

No, really, what a laugh CommEx was. Inspections in the morning, seeing blokes running to him to explain their deficiencies. Knowing it would be you next!!!

Or of course running around the training area as a det complete with 1500W, crypto in hand bags and det folder.

Could never happen today. Health and saftey and all the rest of that crap!

Anyone remember the crags run? Running under that little stone bridge at the bottom of the hill, past ethelburga's. Then straight up a 45 to 50 degree slope all covered in mud and drenched. Then back to the college with a log/bergan on your back?

The crag runs were part of Harrogates appeal. If you done it in reverse (turn right out of camp, then next right and down to the crag), once you finished the crag you'd be surprised how much energy you could muster as you ran past ethelbergers.

Boney

One of my intake was MD'd after a crags run - the PTI (bloke with a lisp- sounded like he made model trains) told this lad to take his glasses off, as he didn't want to be seen in public with him (in all fairness they were massive 'Deidre Barlows'). The fact that 'bins' couldn't see past his eyelashes didn't deter the bloke.
Anyway there we were, down the crags 'happily' doing the normal stuff, press ups in the river etc (press ups in water make you fitter than the other dry kind) when bins ran under the bridge, completely unable to see the barbed wire that everybody else had just ducked under.
One pierced eyeball later bins' glorious military career is cut short as is the PTI's posting.
Cheers bins - my life became fractionally better when that sadistic bar steward was posted (although strangely he came back about 8 months later).
Does anybody remember Bettys (the pub, not the teashop) and Fat Lisa (never been there, but I know plenty who have!)

Q

quick-morser

Tw@. said:
Now all we need is someone from Penny (tooth brush gang :D) to stick their heads in.

Penney 87C

Mr Barrett, The Crags & bridge, Bettys - fond memories.

Falling off the trainazium and the two fuckwitts that taught generators by throwing hockey balls at you