AAC - Groundcrew usual day.

taffridge said:
CAARPS said:
Sigs, sexy?

Of course not unless of course you have managed to communicate against the odds and called in CAS or a fire mission or CASEVAC or just got your REBRO to establish a link (when others haven’t) to keep an all informed net and help maintain the Op Tempo.

No I can’t imagine what flicks a signallers “switch”
Fascinating!

I do realise of course CAARPS that you are, of course, duty bound to big up these spotters, of course, but as far as I am concerned, of course. Having been there, done it and recently had to sit through the suicide inducing 10 days of BOWMAN. That, of course, out of all the trades an AAC Soldier can do Sigs is the dullest.

The reason its bigged up as "Faster career path" or "Only choose the best soldiers for it" or "Cut above those MT thickies" is that on face value, of course, no one (except bearded virgins that I mentioned earlier) would do it.

But you know that, of course.
Damn you ridge, you saw through me :D :D :wink:

So to summarise, Sigs are still the best and sexiest, MT and Normans are dull and smelly?

Er, No

An AAC soldier is a good job but some poor buggers have to do sigs. They then CAARP on about being the "Chosen few" and "Clansman Gods" in the hope that young lads and lasses in training fall for it.

This is the truth,

B3 Driving course = Driving big trucks over X Country courses and skid pan driving, which is a good laugh.

B3 Groundies, Standing in a helicopters downdraft trying to connect a Land Rover to a hook, so that you can send it skyward, and getting the 0 Gravity white knuckle ride at the end, which is a good laugh.

B3 Sigs, sitting in a classroom learning about frequencies and band widths, putting up a big pole, sitting in the back of a Rover plugging stuff in, listening to white noise and a load of letters and numbers that you write down in a book. Nope, sorry, I cant see the attraction

All AAC soldiers can do all these things, but notice its only the guys who end up in the signals troops who bleat on about how great they are.

Perhaps they are compensating for something.

minister_doh_nut said:
So to summarise, Sigs are still the best and sexiest, MT and Normans are dull and smelly?
So to summarise, you are all RAF wanabees and the pinnacle of your career is working for Tiswas under the command of an 800 year old Crab Cpl :D :D

E-Goat is but a click away, go on you know you want to :wink:

taffridge said:
All AAC soldiers can do all these things, but notice its only the guys who end up in the signals troops who bleat on about how great they are.
I'm not signals......... but they are great

I have to disagree with Taffridge. Why, the sense of pure joy when I switched on all my Bowman kit that one time and nothing broke was better than sex.

Whereas bouncing around on dirt roads in Belize just gave me a headache, probably from the rock-hard Bedford suspension trying to fire me through the roof on every bump.

roguetrooper1981 said:
I have to disagree with Taffridge. Why, the sense of pure joy when I switched on all my Bowman kit that one time and nothing broke was better than sex.

Whereas bouncing around on dirt roads in Belize just gave me a headache, probably from the rock-hard Bedford suspension trying to fire me through the roof on every bump.
How do you know fugly boy? Unless you count those missing hitchikers :wink:

PS Ask your RSWO what driving a Bowser in Belize is like, He set one on fire when I let him drive. The river ferry bloke shat his trollies. Only a signaller would drive 25 miles with the handbrake on.

Now Taffridge, I've told you before that any mention of hitchhikers in relation to me must first be checked and cleared by my solicitors, Messrs Sutcliffe, Shipman and West?

After all, those rumours are entirely unfounded and I was only trying to get the young ladies concerned to a hospital. In my boot. Wrapped in a carpet. To keep them warm.

Hey Benny,
Service transfer to the Australian Army, spend two years as a Ground crewman, refuelling or in OPS manning radios and puting up and taking down antennas, then you can apply to be an aircrewman on Blackhawks, Chinooks (Chooks) or NH -90's. Postings are to Oakey(QLD) Townsville(Nth QLD and 'kin hot) Darwin (Nthn Territory and 'kin bldy hot) or Sydney.
ya just gotta become an Aussie. I think the easiest way to get here is to get caught stealing a loaf of bread and they're sure to send you off to the Orstralian penal colony.

taffridge said:
I take it that it wasnt a shagpile
It was when I'd finished with it.

Mr.Bojangles said:
The one and only reason Im applying for AAC is because

Air Corps Soilders are the REAL soilders 8)

rAwR!
Yes of course they are, has your medication finally worn off or something, though yes they are real soil....ders.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dandb7 Aviation 5
G Weapons, Equipment & Rations 16
N Aviation 47