AAC Flying Grading

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Robehs, Nov 30, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,

I am off to Sandhurst in January, was originally booked onto May but recently got offered a space due to drop outs and took it. As a result I won't be able to get a fam visit or grading sorted before starting the Commissioning Course. I sat and passed my medical and aptitude earlier this year so at least have that sorted. I have been told that missing the boat for doing grading before starting is not a massive problem as it can be done in recess between Juniors and Inters.

Has anyone had experience with doing grading while at Sandhurst? I imagine AAC is quite a popular choice and there aren't unlimited spaces for grading, will people be put in a priority list from their aptitude scores or by performance in Junior term?

Thanks for any help.

2. Your Joining up to be a Officer first. The difference in if you had of gone and passed the grading and the selection board is that you would have been accepted as AAC. Now you are joining up as an officer, fail the grading, and you could end up in any corps.

3. Might I suggest that you get in touch with SO3 Offr Recruiting at Middle Wallop (try MOD Tel Operator!) rather than trying to glean 'information' off the internet, from 'experts'. Your call, your career.