AAC exchange officers to US Army ..fly anything exotic?

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Raven2008, Jan 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Quickie questions, about AAC exchange officers (NOT ETPS grads)to US Army tend to fly

AH-64/A/D
    UH-60A/L
    OH-58D

and probably TH-67 Creek trainer to famil themselves with jargon and airspace.

What else can an AAC exchange officer be qualified /expected to fly on exchange in the US Army and whats the most exotic equipment they can touch?

I guess no exchange AAC officer has had the luck to fly the A/MH-6 LIttle Birds or MH-60L of the 160th SOAR Night Stalkers unless they've done SF duties here?

2. TBH what could be more "exotic" than AH 64 D?

3. Sorry I'll rephrase that to say other diverse equipment such as HH-60L Lifehawk ( EMS equipped medevac), umm fixed wing C-12 or even let loose on a UC-35 Citation or thrash around with their OPTEC/Threat Support activity former soviet MI-8 and MI-24 at NTC and JRTC

So what can an AAC exchange officer fly in USA, apart from 58D, 64D , Uh-1h, TH-67, UH-60 (various models and role fits)

I gather that if there is an ETPS graduate on a exchange as a test pilot he would fly everything from the above and more probably going to Pax River and going up in jets to multi engine to various H-53, AH-1W/Z, UH-1N/Y, S/MH-60/B/S/F/R, TH-6 (soon to be replaced by UH-72A)

Would someone with 8 Flt experience be allowed to fly with the Nightstalkers?