Aaaaaaargh, Bloody kids!

Valium sandwiches seemed to work IIRC.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
If it's any consolation they do get better eventually. By the time they are 30!
There is much truth in the saying that grandchildren are your reward for not murdering your children when they are teenagers!

Bollocks to the 30. Just had a statement through. A couple of years ago Eldest Miss F was going through a roughish patch, old car died, needed new car as work was too far to walk and public transport just didn't work out. Could we help finance a car through our bank account as due to her credit history she couldn't get a loan.

Well she'll be 30 next year, there'll still be a couple of years of payments to go, to date out of a possible 24 monthly payments she should have made us I reckon we've had the equivalent of 4 or 5!

Should have seen it coming. About 14 years we took the kids on holiday, each had birthday and Christmas money to spend.
By the end of the fortnight, Eldest Miss F was in debt, Middle Miss F had it all still in her pocket and Master F had spent the lot.

Now we have exactly the same, Eldest owes us for her car, Middle has multiple ISAs and bank accounts she swops money between and Master F is eating noodles and ketchup for the last 4 days of every month!

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Bollocks to the 30. Just had a statement through. A couple of years ago Eldest Miss F was going through a roughish patch, old car died, needed new car as work was too far to walk and public transport just didn't work out. Could we help finance a car through our bank account as due to her credit history she couldn't get a loan.

Well she'll be 30 next year, there'll still be a couple of years of payments to go, to date out of a possible 24 monthly payments she should have made us I reckon we've had the equivalent of 4 or 5!

Should have seen it coming. About 14 years we took the kids on holiday, each had birthday and Christmas money to spend.
By the end of the fortnight, Eldest Miss F was in debt, Middle Miss F had it all still in her pocket and Master F had spent the lot.

Now we have exactly the same, Eldest owes us for her car, Middle has multiple ISAs and bank accounts she swops money between and Master F is eating noodles and ketchup for the last 4 days of every month!

Well getting paid once a month sucks, and I do mean it.
Have you not encouraged the oldest to get a part time job as well? The wife and I are to proud to borrow money from the bank of mom and dad, so we sacrifice, scrimp, and save as much as we can. I would be embarrassed to ask my pensioner parents for a real loan.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Have you not encouraged the oldest to get a part time job as well? The wife and I are to proud to borrow money from the bank of mom and dad, so we sacrifice, scrimp, and save as much as we can. I would be embarrassed to ask my pensioner parents for a real loan.
I'll ask them if you want.

Yeah I've been through a few usernames and accounts since joining while on Op OCULUS back in summer 05.

This one started out as DavidCameron - although I'm not sure what it will eventually become after Brexit and the next GE.

Whatever the outcome, I can assure you it won't be Jeremy bloody Corbyn.
OK Ms Abbott, we believe you.

The horror!!!

Used to think it funny when my daughter was cheeky to me but 20 years later I’m not so sure this was a series of messages whilst I was away on a trip
Me: How’s the dogs?
Taz minor:They’re fine molly is doing the crossword
Me: ok as long as they’re no eating your cooking
Taz minor: hold on they’re stuck 4 across door furniture reminds us of you

Apparently it’s all my fault.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
That's quite alright, I think you prefer your legs to remain unbroken!
They can give you osteoporosis over the phone ?
I understand why you won't bell them

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Eldest Miss F has a job, it's just it's the sort of job a degree in Art and Design gets you!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
not meaning to be rude here, ASDA or Tesco.... loads of graduates worked with Doris , as a stop gap
Of course not, that would be useful! With the staff discount and all.

Of course not, that would be useful! With the staff discount and all.
My two eldest boys have done pretty well and are away from home and off the books. The youngest, unfortunately, developed into the dependant nightmare - quit school one month before his highers, went to college and quit before Christmas. He has no clue about life and is content with a parasitic lifestyle, working part time at a well know coffee franchise at the local motorway service to earn just enough for fags and booze.
On the upside we now have a Moto discount card which comes in very handy when driving up and down the M6, and which gives a very generous discount.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ciggie The NAAFI Bar 58
sirbhp Gaming and Software 24
2/51 Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs 35