AA Renewal

So get my renewal in from the AA, Been a valued customer for 8 years etc so it says.
Quote i think is very high, so get on to AA - India, ends up with them taking £80 off the renewal price.
Now i'm happy, but would have been more happy as a loyal customer if i got it in the first place.
It seems telling a company you want to leave brings the price down, so no such thing as loyality then!!!

I've been with them since the late 80s and got the same type of quote. I haven't used them for about 12 years so decided to bin them. Maybe try Green Flag and see how much they charge.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
So get my renewal in from the AA, Been a valued customer for 8 years etc so it says.
Quote i think is very high, so get on to AA - India, ends up with them taking £80 off the renewal price.
Now i'm happy, but would have been more happy as a loyal customer if i got it in the first place.
It seems telling a company you want to leave brings the price down, so no such thing as loyality then!!!
You have to change all your utility, insurance or whatever yearly or throw cash away.

Same for me as the OP , phoned them and got a "discount" mentioned to the person on the phone that giving me the lower price to start with might tempt me to be more loyal next time ..."we don't do that sir "
Same with cars insurance , phone them with a lower quote and they will beat it.... I have changed company's despite them coming back with a lower quote with the words " If I can't trust you to give me your lowest quote as a loyal customer how can I trust you if I have to make a claim , hateful feckers the lot of them

The_Snail

ADC
RIP

Who are you insured with? i.e. House insurance, car insurance, randoms?

Check your policies.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Next time you renew your insurance look at breakdown cover as well. It's an extra 20 quid a year on my policy for full breakdown cover on two cars.

I don't need it mind, both my cars are brand new, under warranty and come with 3 years breakdown cover from the manufacturer / lease company.

Also the bank give us free cover with Green Flag for having a Platinum account or whatever the **** it's called.

Don't **** about with the AA or RAC, for about the same price, upgrade your bank account and get free breakdown cover, travel insurance, access to airport lounges, gadget insurance + a load of other shit that you will never use.

My daughter used to work for the AA Insurance retention section...she said if everyone questions their quotes in a respectable manner they will normally reduce the premium. She said " there are some very polite people who speak in a respectable manner" and there are the freeking Neanderthals... who can't string two words together without inserting anglo saxon expletives.. well they get nowt". Good girl.......

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Next time you renew your insurance look at breakdown cover as well. It's an extra 20 quid a year on my policy for full breakdown cover on two cars.

I don't need it mind, both my cars are brand new, under warranty and come with 3 years breakdown cover from the manufacturer / lease company.

Also the bank give us free cover with Green Flag for having a Platinum account or whatever the **** it's called.

Don't **** about with the AA or RAC, for about the same price, upgrade your bank account and get free breakdown cover, travel insurance, access to airport lounges, gadget insurance + a load of other shit that you will never use.
I had one of those accounts, was withdrawn due to mis-selling. You can claim cash because people didn't use what was sold. You have cover for life with your Mercedes so you were likely mis-sold it.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
I got my stepdaughter AA cover for an emergency recovery. IIRC the water pump on her car had failed. But I digress. I paid by card for a one off payment. Twelve months later the cnuts took another payment for a year. Cue long hours on the phone sorting a refund. The bastards tried it on for a third time. It wasn't until I mentioned the words "County Court" that they got their collective arses in gear.

Had a look at my car insurance policy, but it only covers my car.
And as i drive others i need the protection.
I have some Gold Member crap with the AA so will look into what "extras" i get?
Green Flag will only cover my car & the RAC will cover any car and are £1 cheaper than the AA.

BUT i think i will look into it more next year.
And whoever told me to talk to the retention department, you are a star!
Thanks for the input people.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Had a look at my car insurance policy, but it only covers my car.
And as i drive others i need the protection.
I have some Gold Member crap with the AA so will look into what "extras" i get?
Green Flag will only cover my car & the RAC will cover any car and are £1 cheaper than the AA.

BUT i think i will look into it more next year.
And whoever told me to talk to the retention department, you are a star!
Thanks for the input people.

Shakes her head. Have you checked your home insurance?

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I had one of those accounts, was withdrawn due to mis-selling. You can claim cash because people didn't use what was sold. You have cover for life with your Mercedes so you were likely mis-sold it.

You're assuming I payed to upgrade the account.

When one reaches a certain level in life, certain privileges start to come one's way for free old chap. ;)

You have to change all your utility, insurance or whatever yearly or throw cash away.

To honest Jarrod is spot on.... I will hold my hands up.. I have just stayed with the same utillity companies until recently for years.. why didn't I shop around... reason... I couldn't be bothered with the hassle. I would hate to think how much dosh I have lost. Things are very different now..... cos I aint got nowt.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Shakes her head. Have you checked your home insurance?

My current account gives me AA cover and all sorts of shit that I never use. Get the leaflets out and check.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
RIP
Got my AA quote, huge increase, rummaged around on the internet, found something much cheaper, went back to AA with the details, they met it. Result £40 less than the original AA quote and only £6 up from last year which was also reduced after arguing the toss.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
To honest Jarrod is spot on.... I will hold my hands up.. I have just stayed with the same utillity companies until recently for years.. why didn't I shop around... reason... I couldn't be bothered with the hassle. I would hate to think how much dosh I have lost. Things are very different now..... cos I aint got nowt.
A few years ago British Gas would have cost me I think an extra £800 a year. They're still about the most expensive supplier.

My first year full AA cover £110 for two people , year two they were told to f/o , £235 !! no claims or call outs!

A few years ago British Gas would have cost me I think an extra £800 a year. They're still about the most expensive supplier.

Derrrrr, .I'm wiv them...:eek: on dual fuel.... think I will sort that tomoz.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Derrrrr, .I'm wiv them...:eek: on dual fuel.... think I will sort that tomoz.
Moneysavingexpert get on it, swap anything. Last swap I did I had a choice of half of case of wine or some vintage champagne. I took the champagne.
Don't give money away to these people. Buy me a pint.