AA Gill and the Snipers Course

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Forastero, Aug 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

2. Wow, from 2000. An article without any reference to sand or taliban. Refreshingly nostalgic.

3. I remember this from first time round, it was in the Sunday Times Magazine. I thought it was pretty good... Gill can be a brilliant writer when he's on form.

4. I'm reading one of the Skinner novels at the moment. Set in 1994, when the only real terrorist threat is from the Bog-Wogs... 8O

5. Yet again, someone surprised to discover no half eaten babies lying around.

6. Bloody amazing article and well written. I remember once seing some young Tom in Palace with the sniper badge and was suitably impressed, this was 94 and I'd never seen one before. I understand it's the big thing right now. Not a course I'd liked to have done - take me out the classroom and I'm out of my comfort zone :)

7. 'I remember this from first time round, it was in the Sunday Times Magazine. I thought it was pretty good... Gill can be a brilliant writer when he's on form.'

Unfortunately, he's not often on form these days and seems to think he's more important than the people who actually buy the paper. Perhaps he's angling for a well paid job with the BBC.

8. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Hunter S Thompson could be a plank at times, and thought he was more important than anyone on the planet.

But when he was on the money, he was on the money.

Gill is OK for a right ponce.

9. Its a pity they didn't shoot AA Gill while he was there.

10. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

But then we should have missed his review of Conrans Boundry Project up Hoxton way.

It was to die for my dear, simply sublime.

11. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

It's a pity you came back.

12. One of his better offerings. I particularly liked the line:

"I very badly want to be Staff Sgt Marr's friend; the alternative is too horrid to contemplate. "

:lol: