AA Drill Instructor cse TA question

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by wellyhead, Jun 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right guys before the slagging starts I would like to point out the following

1. NO I don't want to shout and people with pace stick (well maybe a little)
    2. YES I have quals already that are very useful to the unit (SAA ins, RMQ etc)
    3. NO I don't have an inferioirty complex but I was bulled at school
    4. YES I do actually like a spot of drill in the morning (like a pill etc)
    5. NO I can't seem to find a better course
    6. YES I need it for a course
    7. NO I am not happy with my penis size
    8. YES the unit wants it, in fact its a Regt requirememtn to provide a Drill pig for RTC
    9. NO I can't ask the PSI as he knows feck all

So now thats out of the way I have a question for SOMEONE WHO HAS ACTUALLY BEEN ON THE COURSE IN THE LAST 2 YEARS OR SO

Do you get the weekend off !!!!!

Not becuase I want to go home, its there is a weekend on that i am pained to miss and would like to know if I can get back for it

Cheers of the sensible replies, if there are any
  2. When you on it?
  3. I did it 2 years ago, and yes you do get the middle weekend off!
  4. We have a right drill spakker who fancies this course.
    Is there a drill test on the first day or can any wastrall turn up, is the minimum rank sgt still ?
  5. STILTS : cheers mate, I thought it was,

Scavenger: Not booked yet, but there are courses in Oct and March

polar69: The min Sgt rank is for the Reg cse but they get local according to the Infantry Cses Handbook, there isn't anything for TA but we had a guy do it and there was a Lance Jack on it. I don't think there is a test but i have heard that total mongs are RTU'd however the guy who did it from our unit was a total mong so I'm not sure how bad you have to be. I just remembered there was another lad on the same course, he said that if you were good you did your bits and chilled, if you were a mong you just got hammered on TPs and get extra ones

This is all hearsay BTW
  6. You can do the course as a LCpl / Cpl but need to be acing / local for the course as you stay in the mess, there were quite a fe ACF types on the course!! There is a test at the end of the course where you get pulled out to take a part of the test, you also have two TP's to learn each night with a chance of teaching aleast one of them the following day (like Brecon Bingo) , take a laptop and printer with you as it will help you learn the TP.

7. Interesting, the photo I saw def had a lad witha single tape on it, maybe rules have changed it was a while ago

Another really daft Q, the course starts on a Monday, is that the rock up date, there by mid day type of thing or is reporting in on the Sunday as per IBS ?

Brecon Bingo, love it, got caulght out majorly on that fecker, thought I was all finished so had a few cheeky beers and suprise, suprise, somehow got a HC, must of stood for Half Cut :eek:)
  8. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Someone polished your face?
  9. turn up Sunday ready for Monday am!!!!! (enjoy)