A5 troop 7 signal regt

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by stevielegrand, Aug 12, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. dont suppose anyone remembers A5 troop in 7 Sig Regt do they? where are they now? disbanded? great blokes, only armour in 7SR, never bothered with the rest of the regt. I was one of them for a brief but glorious 2 years. :)
  2. I remember them when they were in Herford. Long gone now - no armour in 7 these days.
  3. 749

749 Old-Salt

i helped to get the 43s ready to go off to other units
  4. served with them myself in 85 but dont remember us having a cellar dweller as they were in the armourey on the square
  5. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Served in A5 from 87 to 90. Worked hard but also played hard. I remember everybody looked out for everyone else, no jack bastards there. Great times. :p
  6. A5 Troop - that takes me back. I wasn't in A5 but A2 Troop 3 SQN (if my memory serves me correctly) remember some of the lads though from 90 - 92. Many a laugh was had in the jungle, the 'Tig' and the 'Glass Hause'.

What the name of the boozer outside camp at Herford run by Rocket Tits and her old man?
  7. was at 7 for a spell in 93, manning and records mistake, soon put right..but was there as they renamed the SQNs still had the 432s then but were about to ditch them, often went to the washdown point to watch them scrub the beasts...

8. wasn't that bar just outside camp called "Willies?" - he would always let off CS to get us to leave... worked tho! better than letting his missus out to kick arse!
  9. Maresfield Barracks (south camp is now a glorified sports center - north camp gone complete) i was in A5 from 88 -90 ... if you remember "rocket" then you know who i am.. was 6 Sqn then 3 sqn then 5 sqn.. (RIP STEVE Marshall) I know that the troop deployed in various detachments to OP Granby as we all met up at various times in the gulf . Only one missing was Captain Chaos.. Herford drinking holes varied from willies (camp gates)... halfway house .....munch (near 4ADSR).... downtown to the disco with the plastic palm trees...although i normally buggered off to Rainbows in Hannover or Cadilacs in Bielefeld... but yeah great times the December 89 troop photo hangs with pride on my wall.. and i still get land rovers stuck on tree stumps! now back in UK for those that thought iwas still in BAOR civvy street
  10. Was in A3 (rebro's) when A5 was formed.
    They were in the garages next to our one tonne rovers.

They were dirty, smelly things that leaked all sorts of crap, were noisy and a lot of hard work.
    432's weren't much different.

Coat/ door
  11. That fine establishment was Willies :drunken:
    I was A1 from 1989 - 1994.
    I did a couple of exercises with the fine chaps from A5 as i had done my track course for my sins :roll:
    Some top lads in that troop 8)
  12. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Then we know each other bonkers, I was A1 before moving to A5. I can't for the life of me think who you are though. Check your PMs.
  13. I would of been in A5 but I was posted there just as they changed it .. Beggining of 93 I think, my ex-husband was A5 though.
  14. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Women on panzers, good god no ;) So who was your ex then Daffers? PM obviously. :D
  15. And me please :!: