A5 troop 7 signal regt

#1
dont suppose anyone remembers A5 troop in 7 Sig Regt do they? where are they now? disbanded? great blokes, only armour in 7SR, never bothered with the rest of the regt. I was one of them for a brief but glorious 2 years. :)
 
#5
Served in A5 from 87 to 90. Worked hard but also played hard. I remember everybody looked out for everyone else, no jack bastards there. Great times. :p
 
#6
A5 Troop - that takes me back. I wasn't in A5 but A2 Troop 3 SQN (if my memory serves me correctly) remember some of the lads though from 90 - 92. Many a laugh was had in the jungle, the 'Tig' and the 'Glass Hause'.

What the name of the boozer outside camp at Herford run by Rocket Tits and her old man?
 
#7
was at 7 for a spell in 93, manning and records mistake, soon put right..but was there as they renamed the SQNs still had the 432s then but were about to ditch them, often went to the washdown point to watch them scrub the beasts...

Rincewind
 
#8
wasn't that bar just outside camp called "Willies?" - he would always let off CS to get us to leave... worked tho! better than letting his missus out to kick arse!
 
#9
Maresfield Barracks (south camp is now a glorified sports center - north camp gone complete) i was in A5 from 88 -90 ... if you remember "rocket" then you know who i am.. was 6 Sqn then 3 sqn then 5 sqn.. (RIP STEVE Marshall) I know that the troop deployed in various detachments to OP Granby as we all met up at various times in the gulf . Only one missing was Captain Chaos.. Herford drinking holes varied from willies (camp gates)... halfway house .....munch (near 4ADSR).... downtown to the disco with the plastic palm trees...although i normally buggered off to Rainbows in Hannover or Cadilacs in Bielefeld... but yeah great times the December 89 troop photo hangs with pride on my wall.. and i still get land rovers stuck on tree stumps! now back in UK for those that thought iwas still in BAOR civvy street
 
#10
Was in A3 (rebro's) when A5 was formed.
They were in the garages next to our one tonne rovers.

They were dirty, smelly things that leaked all sorts of crap, were noisy and a lot of hard work.
432's weren't much different.

Coat/ door
 
#11
wango said:
A5 Troop - that takes me back. I wasn't in A5 but A2 Troop 3 SQN (if my memory serves me correctly) remember some of the lads though from 90 - 92. Many a laugh was had in the jungle, the 'Tig' and the 'Glass Hause'.

What the name of the boozer outside camp at Herford run by Rocket Tits and her old man?
That fine establishment was Willies :drunken:
I was A1 from 1989 - 1994.
I did a couple of exercises with the fine chaps from A5 as i had done my track course for my sins :roll:
Some top lads in that troop 8)
 
#12
bonkers96 said:
wango said:
A5 Troop - that takes me back. I wasn't in A5 but A2 Troop 3 SQN (if my memory serves me correctly) remember some of the lads though from 90 - 92. Many a laugh was had in the jungle, the 'Tig' and the 'Glass Hause'.

What the name of the boozer outside camp at Herford run by Rocket Tits and her old man?
That fine establishment was Willies :drunken:
I was A1 from 1989 - 1994.
I did a couple of exercises with the fine chaps from A5 as i had done my track course for my sins :roll:
Some top lads in that troop 8)
Then we know each other bonkers, I was A1 before moving to A5. I can't for the life of me think who you are though. Check your PMs.
 
#14
Daffers said:
I would of been in A5 but I was posted there just as they changed it .. Beggining of 93 I think, my ex-husband was A5 though.
Women on panzers, good god no ;) So who was your ex then Daffers? PM obviously. :D
 
#16
Ord_Sgt said:
Daffers said:
I would of been in A5 but I was posted there just as they changed it .. Beggining of 93 I think, my ex-husband was A5 though.
Women on panzers, good god no ;) So who was your ex then Daffers? PM obviously. :D
Haha No I couldn't imagine me in a Panzer at all, there was one girl I knew from A5 and she was small but hard as nails lol
 
#17
I drank and worked with most of the lads from A5 from 89 to 92 I was in Man troop next door though but I did have a spell DTI ing the the panzers with burbs berty and Tupps and ollie I wouldnt have minded so much but I was a telemech also did the bar on the odd occasion
Skelly was there and Nick Ha***y was the Yos also jonah si rid***y adi Du**ck Tony H** the birds arrived as I was leaving.
Any one remeber Bruce rolling the radia relay panzer over with eddie the eagle
 

Latest Threads