Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good afternoon.

A4 G1 Z1

I would be eternally grateful if one of you military medical chaps/chapesses could tell me what makes up the aforementioned medical grading.

I don't know if the army uses it, but the crabs definately do.

I thank you.

2. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

A4 G1 Z1 is the standard MES (medical employment standard) of RAF ground personnel.

All explained in AP1269A (RAF Manual – Assessment of Medical Fitness).

Factor A - Air

(i) A1 - fit for full flying duties of his branch/trade or restricted employability only because of anthropometric limitations.
    (ii) A2 - fit for full flying duties of his branch/trade, but awarded to aircrew who would be A1 but for refractive error or a hearing standard reduced to H2.
    (iii) A3 - fit for limited flying duties (limitations to be stated).
    (iv) A4 - fit to fly as a passenger in a normal passenger carrying aircraft or as a patient on an aeromedical evacuation flight.
    (v) A5 - unfit to be taken into the air.

Factor G - Ground

(i) G1 - fit for full ground duties of his branch/trade, including all general service duties and meets the minimum PULHHEEMS profile for his branch trade as detailed in AP1269A.
    (ii) G2 - fit for full ground duties of his branch/trade, including all general service duties, but requires a medical marker, or does not meet the minimum PULHHEEMS profile for G1 in his branch/trade as detailed in AP1269A or has a limitation to a non-essential duty.
    (iii) G3 - fit for full ground duties of his branch/trade but fit for limited essential general service duties only.
    (iv) G4 - fit for limited ground duties of his branch/trade (limitation to be stated).
    (v) G5 - unfit for all ground duties.

(c) Factor Z - Zone

(i) Z1 - fit to serve anywhere in the world with no climatic restriction.
    (ii) Z2 - fit to serve anywhere in the world except in environments of low temperature.
    (iii) Z3 - fit to serve anywhere in the world except in environments of high temperature and/or humidity.
    (iv) Z4 - fit to serve in temperate climates only.
    (v) Z5 - fit to serve in the UK only.

3. Thanks very much, VB, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Much appreciated.

4. Thanks very much, VB, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Much appreciated.

5. A accomodation
    4 4 star only
    G Grub
    1 1 Michelin Star minimum
    Z Sleeps
    1 1 per room