A400M

"He was an MB SPAD. His blog is obligatory reading for everyone from Sec State down, naturally LAND studiously ignores it."

How very f*cking dare you.

I was never, ever, a SPAD.
Welcome back sir

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
"He was an MB SPAD. His blog is obligatory reading for everyone from Sec State down, naturally LAND studiously ignores it."

How very f*cking dare you.

I was never, ever, a SPAD.
And I think I can say with some truthfulness that his blog was never obligatory reading for anybody - sadly.

Take from that what you will, MOD Centre’s always been a bit wary of this kind of thing!

And I think I can say with some truthfulness that his blog was never obligatory reading for anybody - sadly.

Take from that what you will, MOD Centre’s always been a bit wary of this kind of thing!

He made some interesting points both here, and on his blog, but unfortunately sometimes suffers from that most-Naval of afflictions - an assumed position of superiority over the other two services.

- an accusation that can never be aimed at the Army, where sister services are given the respect they deserve. The Matelot and Crab wånkers :)

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
He made some interesting points both here, and on his blog, but unfortunately sometimes suffers from that most-Naval of afflictions - an assumed position of superiority over the other two services.

- an accusation that can never be aimed at the Army, where sister services are given the respect they deserve. The Matelot and Crab wånkers :)
The Senior Servizzzzzzzzzz…..,

WAH shield on.....Hurn Airport otherwise known as Bournemouth Airport...WAH shield off!
Herne.

After the legendary anglo-saxon hero Herne The Hunter.

I have twice been flown out over the briny, to parachute into that there oggin, from that there airport, so I knows of what I speak.

TamH70

MIA
Herne.

After the legendary anglo-saxon hero Herne The Hunter.

I have twice been flown out over the briny, to parachute into that there oggin, from that there airport, so I knows of what I speak.

You mean that you not only jumped out of a reasonably serviceable aircraft, but also landed in the sea?

What size boots?

You mean that you not only jumped out of a reasonably serviceable aircraft, but also landed in the sea?

What size boots?
I only jumped once, I'm happy to say - water jump is/was only an essential for those seeking to progress to instructor status, whereas I was happy to attain the status of "been there done that, staying dry in future" :thumleft:

On the second occasion, the winds at sea level were freshening up as we ascended, creating (what I would think of as) whitecaps, and the rest of the water jumps for that day were aborted, just before I was offered the door.

My girlfriend was last one out on that occasion, her face all crinkly-cut-crisp type lips at the prospect of being hauled through the waves by her canopy, with Royals in hot pursuit in their rigid raiders . . . .

. . . . . which we watched, larfing fit to bust (cads that we were) as the Islander descended . . . . . . :-D

And size 9 medium, since you asked.

Last edited:

W21A

LE
Book Reviewer
It's 10/10 low cloud here and pissing Down. Just heard an aircraft fly overhead and checked plane finder and my thoughts were correct. An RAF A400 at 32k feet.

What's it say?
Almost yawning emptiness in Wunstorf. There should actually be over 30 ready-to-use # A400Ms here. Hello
@AirbusDefence
: How is it looking? Are some of the repairs coming soon?
@Airbus

or in RAF

"Gissa plane.. you cnuts are worse than Marshall's...."

Time to sign the whole eng/maint of the NATO member fleets to crab-air and stand up a multi-national pilot pool wing for tasking it out??

Well maybe the German military could give them some advice on equipment serviceability........oh, maybe not!

Latest Threads