Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A400M

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Atlas doing heavy drops ISO French and Malian units deployed on the field in Mali a few days ago.

Over 90 tons of supplies were delivered in this way in less than 36 hrs.

Es5vHx5XAAEMM10.jpg

Is that troops and cargo from the same aircraft?
Looks to me that the small white canopy you see is the ‘drogue’ that pulls out/deploys the main canopies.

UK used to use a similar set up for heavy airdrop from the C130K.

....just a thought, accordingto Wiki, this aircraft had it's first flight eleven years ago and entered RAF service in 2015....and we're still talking about it after 4,000 posts :)

....just a thought, accordingto Wiki, this aircraft had it's first flight eleven years ago and entered RAF service in 2015....and we're still talking about it after 4,000 posts :)
True,

But we are also still talking about 'that rifle' as well after Gawd knows how long! And 58 pattern webbing and.............. sorry, back to the thread.

Atlas doing heavy drops ISO French and Malian units deployed on the field in Mali a few days ago.

Over 90 tons of supplies were delivered in this way in less than 36 hrs.
I am just waiting for someone to pop along here and state that another ac, perhaps a C17, could have airdropped much more tonnage in much less time.

True,

But we are also still talking about 'that rifle' as well after Gawd knows how long! And 58 pattern webbing and.............. sorry, back to the thread.
....and those short stabby swords the Romans brought in. Right hand only!! Not like a proper sword. Swords should be long and can be used with both hands. Proper sword. The pommels fall of the new fangled short swords and and as for those shields....

TamH70

MIA
....and those short stabby swords the Romans brought in. Right hand only!! Not like a proper sword. Swords should be long and can be used with both hands. Proper sword. The pommels fall of the new fangled short swords and and as for those shields....

NIG!

When I were but a lad, and all this was just recently de-frozen topsoil, all I had were a girt big stick, a scrap of fur hiding my meat and one veg - a sabre-tooth tiger ate the other veg - and two rocks, one of which had a sharpish edge to it for cutting my eating meat, and the other was a heavy blunt one that I used to crack skulls open for their juicy brain meat.

I used to dream of proper swords, so I did. You don't know you're born, you don't.

Latest Threads