A400M

Source (s) : various french medias
At last new lease of life for the A 400 M
After concluding agréements with the 7 different Nations clients. Delivery and penalty costs have been revised.
Négociations concluded with the, O.c.c.a. r. ( based in Bonn) and who supervise the a 400 M programme
Dirk Hoke (director general of air bus défense and space) say's, 'this agreement will give us a solid new depart on the programme'
One of the principal causes in delay, was the rétro fitting (?)
Am no expert but i think maybe that means. ..once the plane comes out assembled from the factory (standard)...it has to be stripped of certain equipments and fitted with what the customer (s) want?
Ouf fk, if it was just dat

Source (s) : various french medias
At last new lease of life for the A 400 M
After concluding agréements with the 7 different Nations clients. Delivery and penalty costs have been revised.
Négociations concluded with the, O.c.c.a. r. ( based in Bonn) and who supervise the a 400 M programme
Dirk Hoke (director general of air bus défense and space) say's, 'this agreement will give us a solid new depart on the programme'
One of the principal causes in delay, was the rétro fitting (?)
Am no expert but i think maybe that means. ..once the plane comes out assembled from the factory (standard)...it has to be stripped of certain equipments and fitted with what the customer (s) want?
Ouf fk, if it was just dat
Reads like the a new (common?) delivery spec maybe?

What in the name's god is "rebaselining?" Is that even a word?
[Cough!!]

I think it has something to do with adjusting/resetting the Altimeter, to show either height above sea level, or height above ground level . . . ;) .

The “Altimeter” in this case . . . been the Balance Sheet!

...Am no expert but i think maybe that means. ..once the plane comes out assembled from the factory (standard)...it has to be stripped of certain equipments and fitted with what the customer (s) want?...
It’s not a new lease of life. It’s spin on a deal designed to limit the commercial damage to Airbus and the customers by the A400M. Without it, the Programme would’ve collapsed and the customers would’ve been left with an unsupported aeroplane.

The ‘retrofitting’ is most likely the replacement of problem components such as the gear boxes. I’m not sure if it will be possible to address the para-door cross-over problems or the rogue instability. However, without significant redesign and cost, other issues will remain.

Ultimately however, I would argue that the entire concept of the aircraft is flawed. Even if some other customers emerge, with so many unwanted German and Spanish airframes, it’s difficult to see how this will ever be a commercial success.

That’s why it’s not selling and that’s why even France and Germany are buying C-130Js and KC-130s to do the jobs meant for the A400M.

Regards,
MM

Last edited:
I'm going to use "rebaselining" in the future if I write some software that doesn't quite do what the user was expecting. I can write the rebaselined spec after the product ships to match what the user actually got and not what they thought they were getting.

Apparently, it's MODspeak for "This is f**ked up, let's start all over again with a clean sheet of paper and f**k it up again, this time properly". :)

retrospectively rewriting the agreed performance specs to meet what the plane is able to do, instead of what it was supposed to be able to do.

It was never supposed to do airdrops out the side doors
It was always supposed to be freezing in the back
It was always supposed to be 8 tonnes overweight
It was always supposed to be so noisy, it rattled everyone’s teeth

This way, you can claim A400M is great success!

To provide some balance to my normally negative comments regarding A400M, it appears that Saudi Arabia are showing some interest.

This claim may hold a little more cred than the numerous suggestions by Airbus reps that 'several customers are on the point of commitment' in that it appears to be from a representative of 'Saudi Military Industries' (whoever they are!).

Regards,
MM

Translation:

Airbus is offering the dozens of contracted for but unwanted Spanish and German A400M’s at a fire-sale price to the Saudis.

I'm going to use "rebaselining" in the future if I write some software that doesn't quite do what the user was expecting. I can write the rebaselined spec after the product ships to match what the user actually got and not what they thought they were getting.
Don't softies already have something similar, called "refactoring".
Translation: "I've no idea how to get the remaining bugs out of my code, so I'm going to have to re-write it"