A400M

Hmm. Some of the desire not to buy UK/US had a lot to do with anti bribery legislation brought about by those two countries. Bae was fingered a few times by the SFO and the yanks. Other major suppliers in UK/US took note.
The houses owned by Indonesian generals on Sydney waterfront weren't a gift from a grateful populace, they were acquired with funds from grateful suppliers.

Hmm. Some of the desire not to buy UK/US had a lot to do with anti bribery legislation brought about by those two countries. Bae was fingered a few times by the SFO and the yanks. Other major suppliers in UK/US took note.
The houses owned by Indonesian generals on Sydney waterfront weren't a gift from a grateful populace, they were acquired with funds from grateful suppliers.
Not just with regard to military procurement. A couple of years ago a major scandal erupted with regard to national carrier Garuda, when a bribery case in the UK involving Rolls-Royce exposed the widespread use of bribery to persuade Garuda to purchase RR engines.

Anything involving big purchases in state and semi-state bodies in Indonesia can safely be assumed to be determined not on merit but on the size of the backhanders involved.

I suspect you therefore have a pretty good point when it comes to the reluctance to purchase US/UK equipment, much better to buy from less punctilious suppliers like Russia or China, or indeed France or Germany.

Rumour circulating twatter that the USN are interested in the A400M
Why on earth would the USN be interested in A400M?

Regards,
MM

Well, it is a step up from the C130 and there's no C17s on sale. Is there some sort of limit set on USN transport aircraft size by agreements with the USAAF ooi?

Well, it is a step up from the C130 and there's no C17s on sale. Is there some sort of limit set on USN transport aircraft size by agreements with the USAAF ooi?
Some would question whether it’s a step up from the C-130 but I can’t see why the USN would be interested in a heavy lift type of this sort.

Regards,
MM

Some would question whether it’s a step up from the C-130 but I can’t see why the USN would be interested in a heavy lift type of this sort.

Regards,
MM
Neither can I tbh. Rough field capability is not a requirement and sea lift can cope with volumes and weights beyond any airlifter. Unless they've discovered they've introduced something that's critical that's just outside c130 parameters to lug to distant parts.

Rumour circulating twatter that the USN are interested in the A400M

I can remember Airbus confidently claiming they were well in the frame to sell hundreds of A400’s to the USAF.

EADS builds case for A400M sale to USAF

That’s back in the day when they still dreamed of storming the global airlifter market and driving LM into the weeds, then launching a stretched A400M to gobble up the C-17’s market.