A400M Not dead yet

No doubt first flight of this airplane will take place before 2015 and the RAF will receive the first one way over budget by 2020.

The A400M - bastard love child of a C17 and C130 filling a gap we don't have. We should bin the project and invest in more C130 and C17, unfortunately it has been chosen for political rather than practical reasons.

Victorian_Major said:
You know, I think this aircraft is like Santa - it doesn't exist, but we all like to pretend that it does...
What do you mean, doesn't exist...? There is a pic of the plane in the article:

Correct me if I'm wrong, the "development" of that "alleged plane" is taking longer than WWII???
:x

para_medic said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, the "development" of that "alleged plane" has taken longer then WWII???
If it flies on time or even 2 or 3 years late, it will have been one of the quickest developments of any military transport or other complex military aircraft since the 50's, including C130 and C17

para_medic said:
Victorian_Major said:
You know, I think this aircraft is like Santa - it doesn't exist, but we all like to pretend that it does...

Correct me if I'm wrong, the "development" of that "alleged plane" is taking longer than WWII???
No wah kill for you - sorry.

Victorian_Major said:
para_medic said:
Victorian_Major said:

damn, back to drawing board... :evil:
(no pun intended)

Victorian_Major said:
para_medic said:
Victorian_Major said:

Not just a simple wah either.

Note the lack of recognition symbols etc etc.

This is the sooper-dooper gold-plated SF version of beast which has been in service for the past 4 years - just like the F-117 before it was admitted to exist.

Indeed Meridien, the A400M has been done to death, and the jury remains out on the 'need' for the A400M considering its cost effectiveness. But most agree it would be a nice tool to have in the box to play with.

whitecity said:
...most agree it would be a nice tool to have in the box to play with.
Yes it would, if we already had lots of the other useful tools already. Any extra airlift is good, but it pains me to see us continuing to procure aircraft based on political decisions rather than sound judgement.

Victorian_Major said:
whitecity said:
Note the lack of recognition symbols etc etc.
Look, I'll turn down the gain on the wahometer and see if you can catch me out, OK?
I think you need to completely disconnect it in discussions on A400M...

Is it possible that the Shorts Belfast was a better plane designed in the 50's.
Just a passing thought.

A400M, not coming soon to an airstrip near you…

Meanwhile over in the real world of non paper planes,

You know something, I have this odd feeling that a few years into service (yes if it get's there) people will be asking how they did without it....call me retardedly optimistic. 8O

para_medic said:
Victorian_Major said:

Since 1994 or so,that's more than WW1 and WW11 and most of the length of the Vietnam War(US ouvert participitation) for good measure.

A clusterfcuk waste of space.

Guarunteed delivery by 2015 until 2014,then 2020 becomes the initial delivery date.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Blogg The Intelligence Cell 20
Infiltrator Aviation 1
Bugsy Aviation 6