A400M Not dead yet

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Biscuits_Brown, Jul 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. No doubt first flight of this airplane will take place before 2015 and the RAF will receive the first one way over budget by 2020.

2. You know, I think this aircraft is like Santa - it doesn't exist, but we all like to pretend that it does...

3. The A400M - bastard love child of a C17 and C130 filling a gap we don't have. We should bin the project and invest in more C130 and C17, unfortunately it has been chosen for political rather than practical reasons.

4. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

5. What do you mean, doesn't exist...? There is a pic of the plane in the article:
    [​IMG]

Correct me if I'm wrong, the "development" of that "alleged plane" is taking longer than WWII???
    :x

6. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

If it flies on time or even 2 or 3 years late, it will have been one of the quickest developments of any military transport or other complex military aircraft since the 50's, including C130 and C17

7. No wah kill for you - sorry.

8. damn, back to drawing board... :evil:
    (no pun intended)

9. Not just a simple wah either.

Note the lack of recognition symbols etc etc.

This is the sooper-dooper gold-plated SF version of beast which has been in service for the past 4 years - just like the F-117 before it was admitted to exist.

Indeed Meridien, the A400M has been done to death, and the jury remains out on the 'need' for the A400M considering its cost effectiveness. But most agree it would be a nice tool to have in the box to play with.

10. Look, I'll turn down the gain on the wahometer and see if you can catch me out, OK?

11. Yes it would, if we already had lots of the other useful tools already. Any extra airlift is good, but it pains me to see us continuing to procure aircraft based on political decisions rather than sound judgement.

12. I think you need to completely disconnect it in discussions on A400M...

13. Is it possible that the Shorts Belfast was a better plane designed in the 50's.
    Just a passing thought.

14. A400M, not coming soon to an airstrip near you…

Meanwhile over in the real world of non paper planes,

[​IMG]