A4 Nirex folder with bolts

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by tricam, Feb 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey,

I have two A4 nyrex folders but instead of having sleeves preplaced in the folder you use ordinary clear sleeves and there are two nut\bolts at the side holding them together. The problem with the preplaced sleeves is that inevitably you put a folder together and want to insert something in the middle of it having to redo the whole folder.

Has anyone seen these online anywhere? I bought mine ages ago at Sandhurst and would like to get some more.

Tricam

2. Avoid, they are pants as the bolt bit falls off.

3. try 7/16 nut and bolt they fit, as mine went

4. You can dab a SMALL amount of super glue in the bolt. You´ll need screwdrivers or two combi tools to open them again though....

Or replace bolts with treasurey tags.

Most PRIs stock them

5. msr

msr LE

6. If not PRI, you probably bought them from HERE. Can't see them in the catalogue but phone them, they do sell them.

REME usually have low grade thread lock which is good for the bolts and avoids using a vice and a hammer to remove :D

7. CashKets in Sandhurst still have them.

8. Ah... sorted... HM Supplies do sell them online - I should have checked there...

By the way - I always put thick, sticky NBC tape over the bolts to keep them closed.

thanks all,
    Tricam