A380 as Airforce One?

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Tax_Tw-t, Oct 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. LOL. Impossible. It would be a major humiliation for the Yanks. Aren't bits of it made in FRANCE? Imagine what would have happened at the time of 'Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys' and 'Freedom Fries'. Bush would have had to travel by Cessna. Or face impeachment.

2. Can you imagine the faces of the Airbus execs who got "tasked" with the job of making the presentations to USAF AMC? Talk about being rubber-d1cked with a job!

3. Can't see it happening myself.

Good way of keeping Boeing and Lockheed-Martin on their toes though.

4. I like the idea of the US President turning up at international conferences in a poxy Boeing, and being trumped and (literally) dwarfed by other heads of state in A380s. This possibility will already be causing wailing, gnashing of teeth and a cascade of memos in Whitehouse pointy-head circles.

8)

5. Oh, and the Frogs will already be buying up parking space at strategic international airports so Airforce One must always be parked next to their President's A380.

:lol:

6. Looking at the funds made available to French forces in the recent past, Sarko will sooner fly in a Falcon 50 than a A380.

7. :D The A380 is not proven yet, the 747 is well and truly solid, why have a big soft target, 747 spares are available all over the world :lol: :D :D :D :D

8. Which reminds me. When our old Dear Leader Bliar was at No 10, there was talk of Blairforce 1. When he's President of the EU........? A380 anyone.

9. mr blair can fly Ba like every other ex pm

10. onHey Tiger Stacker where have you been for the last 4 months-Bliar isnt PM now it Broon.

11. Read the previous post, chump... :roll:

12. Go suck on on a stick of dynamite

13. Gice him a Robbi R44 and a PA 28 that will do

14. I fly the Robbo 44 and with regard to the post, look at European based manufacturers taking a foothold in the Pentagon

1) VH-71 Kestrel (i.e AgustaWestland AW101)

2) KC-45

Though the latter is having trouble at the mo;)