A2s

Discussion in 'OTC and ACF' started by meatballsnpasta, Mar 12, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just wondering how many UOTCs have converted to A2s.

I was once told by a squad that the WHT has changed slightly. Is this true?

2. Sheffield has A2s (maybe we got them quickly because we're an Infantry-only OTC?) Dunno if WHT has changed.

3. The Tap on the forward assist has dissapeared apparently (which would make sense), although other SAA's say it hasnt. So just listen to the most senior guy doing the WHTs is all that can be done

4. Forward assist still appears, but there are no longer any gas stoppages. You'll get as far as refitting the magazine in the WHT and then pretty much stop. In tests it didn't suffer a single gas stoppage through a few million rounds.

5. basically if you know the A1 drills there wont be a problem

6. Edinburgh got A2's this year. Havent had to retake WHT yet

Mustard

7. London OTC has A2's!
    We got them back in April last year.
    The WHT is bascially the same - but as previously mentioned no gas stoppage drills!

8. Lucky sods, we're all infantry too and we've still got A1's (or at least we did 2 weeks ago). Mind being in a foreoign country doesn't help :D

9. Hmm, will still end up doing forward assist through habbit anyway. Will take some getting used to with no stoppages. Does it still get stove-pipes? The most common stoppage I've come across with the A1.

10. MB, it's the new shape of the cocking handle designed to stop that.

(Also the A2 never needs cleaning and can fire underwater :lol: )

Sorry, long day

11. OTCs who havent got A2's it's probably no bad thing they are being phased in gradually since there are not currently enough new BFAs to go round (although this is being worked on).
    M9

12. It's true, I haven't a leg to stand on anymore, even less so than ever before. But I still want to let Meatballsandpasta know that this is cake and arse.
    What a chop thread.

13. tayforth has them-got them a short while ago.but there is a shortage of blank firing magazines and the new bfa,so the seize of exercise that we can run is kinda limited at the mo.hopefully that will change soon.

14. Queens Belfast have the A2's, we got them well over a year ago as far as i remember and as far as im aware, we dont have any BFA or mag shortages.

This years b coy didnt get taught forward assists and im pretty sure they didnt get taught gas stoppages, and if they did get taught them then they weren't in the WHTs

15. FFS! How come OTCs get the A2 before TA infantry? The only time we've had A2s was on Telic.