A1s for ACF?

Discussion in 'OTC and ACF' started by sasyboy, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Without gas parts

2. With gas parts (Auto)

3. With gas parts (Only single shot)

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What set up do you think they should go for?
  2. auto to stop the little cretins waving them around at each other (or more inportantly at me or you) evey time they have to cock them.

Single Shot so that if they do pull the trigger at the wrong time it will only be one round.
  3. Unknown_Quantity

Unknown_Quantity War Hero Moderator

bare in mind that these 'little cretins' will have to clean the gas parts. Given the state of their GPs I expect all cadets to be gas-stoppage-ninjas after their first couple of exercised.
  4. Gas parts, so we can teach a good version of Section Attacks, then they "might" be more usefull when / if they join up
  5. How difficult is it to learn how to use an A1 when already used to the GP? Just a couple of lessons and an exercise?? Thats what it took me when I was in the CCF.
    And how do you mean teach a good version of section attacks? You can still get a damn good rate of fire out of a GP if given the ammo, trouble is I remember we were only given around 10 rounds each. If they have A1s they will get stoppages all over the shop.
  6. None of em, judging by the way they are stored at some ccf units!!!

One unit I saw (RAF Cadets mind) stored their weapons in what was in all intents and purpose a cupboard ffs! 8O Plus the building was only 20mtrs from a main road and a layby at that. And the nearest motorway was only 5 mins hard drive...

(Opsec point:- Chavs... don't ask for the address, you aint getting it!)

Given secure storage at either a Reg or TA base then I can see no reason why they can't have the Auto version, you can always take the gas bits out. and use like that if needed. But some thought needs to be placed on weapon security during use on excercise etce.
  7. I really can't see the point of giving them an A1 without gas parts. It's basically a GP then, with a much smaller cocking handle. Much more difficult to use than a GP, but perhaps 20 seconds quicker to clean as you don't have a slide, etc.
  8. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO gas parts please noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

The lose the big bits now, let alone any fiddly bits

*3 and above only pleeeaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  9. The "ACF will get A1's" rumour has got to be the best propagated and believed one yet! Ha ha

Hell will freeze over before you get them!

(Sorry just being pragmatic)
  10. All A1 Rifle's are being converted to A2 standard

Don't think ACF/CCF/ATC are gonna be getting any of those!
  11. Beats me why cadets need A1's gas parts or otherwise

I'm sure more fun can be had with paintball equipment and at least you can see who you shoot

<standby for incoming >
  12. After attending several ACF exercises as Staff, I reckon that until the little horrors stop waving their GP's about and having ND's all over the shop they should only be given potato guns!
  13. Are there any ACF in the docklands area? If yes, then spud guns all round, I like my floor to ceiling windows.

It is bad enough waking up to the fish heads shouting all over the place on a Sun morning, after I have had a night on the urine!!
  14. One thing that comes to mind is that if they got A1s with BFAs the safty may be better and maybe the min blank firing distance could be reduced from the current 50m. Maybe if it was decressed significantly this may mean the make safe rule before movmenet is revised. If they did continue making safe then every time they would be a fresh ejected round... could mean slower make safe drills if not.

Didn't know they are upgrading A1s to A2s.

ACF isn't insured by the MOD for paintball activites.
  15. And even if they weren't, we'd sell them to some dubious government after sending a training/advisory team in to recreat their armoury.