• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Only a jolly jape, Sky; that's alright then.

'A young boy in Australia has admitted to putting needles in strawberries as a "prank". Police said the boy, who has not been named, confessed to the gag as investigations continue over deliberate fruit contamination.

'With demand plunging for the soft fruit, strawberry farmers say they are being forced to dump and pulp produce, prompting fears for an industry worth $160m (£80m).'

Young boy arrested over strawberry needles

Royal Commission in Financial services makes interesting viewing/reading. No surprises though. Complete lack of integrity/ moral compass which permeates throughout including politics.
Aussies can only blame themselves though.... hang on was that "un-Australian". Oh dear.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Jez, I came back to the UK in 2000 after 9 years, lived out at Blackbutt Qld. When Paul Keeting was PM, it was bad, but reading this thread, really makes out that the country has gone to the dogs.

Jez, I came back to the UK in 2000 after 9 years, lived out at Blackbutt Qld. When Paul Keeting was PM, it was bad, but reading this thread, really makes out that the country has gone to the dogs.
Never just go by the comments on forums. There will always be people venting about something or other they don't like. The ground situation is typically different.

Never just go by the comments on forums. There will always be people venting about something or other they don't like. The ground situation is typically different.
From a completely insignificant Aussie (IE Not Rich), things are getting worse, all driven by the useless bastards running the place. They have completely given up governing for the people, and are basically selling themselves to whoever pays them.

I've often heard people say "Australia is America ten years ago". I suppose the next step from here is to elect a celebrity as Prime Minister rather than continue with the delusion that the major parties actually help us.

"We're on the Highway To Hell <DUH DUN>!!!"

Last edited:
With every online company suffering data breaches left, right and centre at the moment, this idiot brings in laws to weaken what security is available.

I've been following the discussions on the Australia Network Operators (The smart people who keep the internet in Australia running). The basic gist of it is that this law is extremely vague and open to abuse (like every other law of its kind brought in. Look at the American surveillence laws for examples).

From a completely insignificant Aussie (IE Not Rich), things are getting worse, all driven by the useless bastards running the place. They have completely given up governing for the people, and are basically selling themselves to whoever pays them.

I've often heard people say "Australia is America ten years ago". I suppose the next step from here is to elect a celebrity as Prime Minister rather than continue with the delusion that the major parties actually help us.

"We're on the Highway To Hell <DUH DUN>!!!"
It really is shit here, everybody's bloody miserable.
I guess, I should've made myself a bit more clearer in my earlier statement:

Never just go by the comments on forums. There will always be people venting about something or other they don't like. The ground situation is typically different - for the better or for worse.
I was trying to say that things are not always as bad or as good as people generally say they are....there is a medium somewhere in between. At least in the places, countries I've been to anyways.

I guess, I should've made myself a bit more clearer in my earlier statement:

I was trying to say that things are not always as bad or as good as people generally say they are....there is a medium somewhere in between. At least in the places, countries I've been to anyways.
If you are rich (earning over $1 million a year) you'll be fine and have nothing to worry about. If you don't, well, you not worth worrying about.

Australia's top 20% richest households own 80 times more than its bottom 20%

Latest Threads