Great, here we go again, another leader up for the metaphorical chop (pity its not a real one)

Malcolm Turnbull's days are numbered. His time may even be measured in hours

I don't mind politicians getting replaced often (like nappies, for the same reason) but dammit I would like some stability and forward thinking from our supposed leaders.

Don't get me wrong, the sooner Turnball the SOB is shown the door, the better. The only problem is the guy who is odds on to replace him is a protege of Tony Abbott. Apparently, the other option is bringing Abbott back.

Please, call an election now so we can kick the LNP out now.
Looks like Turnbull survived.

God help us if Dutton gets in. Lot of rumours about his departure from the Queensland Coppers.

https://www.change.org/p/australian...testify-in-sex-abuse-case-study-34/u/19631906
When it comes to PMs or potential PMs from the conservative side of Australian politics, you can judge the opposition's fear of them by the vitriol they spray with gay abandon. Tony Abbott, John Howard and Peter Dutton get (got) the full treatment. The member for harbourside mansions by comparison gets an easy run. The trouble with the ALP is that they can dish it out but can't take it.

When it comes to PMs or potential PMs from the conservative side of Australian politics, you can judge the opposition's fear of them by the vitriol they spray with gay abandon. Tony Abbott, John Howard and Peter Dutton get (got) the full treatment. The member for harbourside mansions by comparison gets an easy run. The trouble with the ALP is that they can dish it out but can't take it.
being able to dish it out, but not take it ,is a common trait with australian national sports teams,an australian rugby league chant was bring back the biff!!but let an opponent reciprocate the biff then the australian cries of foul or cheat are many and loud, and the play acting is worth an Oscar.

What a shower the pollies in Oz are. Not much to choose from in the next election. Well they do say you get the politicians you deserve. Does not bode well for anything. I'd be looking to short AUD and ASX to make some coin in the future.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Still at least local politics is in rude health. Wait a moment; our local council (Gosford) was merged with Wyong to form Central Coast Council a couple of years ago. The merger exposed massive abuse by the former council. Meanwhile a crazy rebranding excercise is going on; nearly every sign that had the old council logo has been replaced.

Given that there are 9 signs along the beachfront in Copa alone telling me I can’t sink piss in public that’s a lot of signs replaced across the Coast. Next time I take the dog for a walk, I’ll count the Copa bill; he’ll want to show his appreciation of every new sign anyway so no time wasted.

Only Citizens are made to vote for the lunatics. Us permanent residents don't get to vote, not that I'm that worried about it. Can't get a job in a federal government department either (oh well I'll survive)
I heard that in the UK all commonwealth citizens can vote, which is interesting. I can't because I am from the U.S., though I have permanent residency here in the UK.

Oh yeah, forgot that you can get fined in Aus if you don't vote. Is it actually enforced? And how do they know if you voted or not?
Dunno how strongly it is enforced, but when there is an election on you roll up to your local voting station and give your name to one of the voting officials who marks it off in the electoral roll log book they have.

Wether it's actually you that turns up and gives your name, they've got no way of telling.

Latest Threads