A week lng programme on our boys in Iraq

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by spike7451, Dec 29, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Just caught the tail of this,Channel 4 are screening a week of documentaries on tropps in Iraq from 9th Jan 06.Did'nt catch the name but the clip makes it look like a septic film.
    When I find the name,will let you know.
    Spike

2. Please do, spike. Would be interesting to see no matter what stance d they take.

3. I saw a trailer for this more4 series last night. It's a week's worth of films on 'Eye Rak' dubbed the 'Bloody Circus'. The trailer was dramatised IED strike on a HUMVEE with a bunch of GIs running around in slow motion reacting to the attack. Upon closer inspection each soldier is wearing clown make up! Thanks for that Channel 4. We who have served in the GIFA really value your careful reporting and impartiality on the subject!

The website reveals the content of the series. Seems pretty harmless although the eternal optimist Peter Oborne is there strutting his stuff in front of a Bradley. Who knows what they've got up their sleeves?

http://www.channel4.com/more4/event/I/iraq.html

4. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

He doesn't sound that eternally optimistic to me....I saw the last one he did.....lamentably gung-ho ' bullets ripped the air above us as we scrambled ,hearts pumping, for a seat on the last low-slung Huey that would take us out of the danger zone' kinda stuff.......I must say I am looking forward to seeing the usually deadpan JeremyClarkson's visit screened....anybody know when and where (or did I miss it...dozing by the fire as usual ?)

Le Chevre

5. Yeah I know I was being sarcastic. Having been left totally and utterly depressed by Oborne's previous documentaries for C4, who knows how negative the guy can get. He's actually a good writer but boy is he off on a tangent on this one.

6. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Cheers soldado,That's the one I saw the trailer for.
    Spike