A wee yank bash

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by BrandySoured, May 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know we're not perfect but just a little effort from the research department could have avoided this 'uck-up. :D

[​IMG]

2. I read the title and thought this was the Scottish self-abuse and masturbation forum...

3. Reminds me of the part on the EPC where you had to pick out countries on a map that the army were vaguely involved in.

I believe three of the course failed to find Canada.

4. TV station WGN - We're Geography Numpties?

5. I very doubt that many in the audience spotted the error.

6. Perhaps they meant the Rugby World Cup - that's in NZ

It's a joke, I know the picture shows Australia.

7. I thought it was India?

8. Darwin give me strength, sometimes America makes me despair.

9. Very true CB very true

10. Given that only about 20% of Americans have passports and the distances they have to travel if they want to visit anywhere else except Mexico & Canada, its perhaps not surprising they are a bit "insular"! :lol:

11. Hahaha

I have absolutely no defense for the ignorance of my countrymen. You would think at the very least Nicaragua peaking out at the top there may have given them a small clue.

<sigh> I swear, not all of us are morons.. Just enough to get us noticed.

12. Well, it is Obamas Hometown TV station, and he thinks there are 57 states......

13. From BBC News site in 2002.I doubt much has changed.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/2496427.stm

11% of Americans could not find America.

71% of Americans could point out where the Pacific Ocean - the world's largest body of water - was located. Worldwide, three in 10 of those surveyed could not locate the Pacific Ocean.

58% of Americans know the Taleban and al-Qaeda were based in Afghanistan, compared with 84% of Britons, but only 17% of Americans can locate the country.

34% of Americans know the tiny Marquesas Islands, where the last season of reality TV show "Survivor" was filmed, is located in the South Pacific. But only 30% could point to the location of New Jersey.

56% of Americans were unable to locate India, home to 17% of the world's population.

14. Um, I don't recall having taken part of any geography survey.

How many people did they ask? 5?

How many Brits could point out Parsippany, Scranton or Salt Lake City? In all fairness, just knowing the US alone is like knowing the entire of europe.