A weapons virgin goes to the range

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Fireplace, Nov 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

What he didn't say, but I'm sure weas thinking was "Oh my, I think I got a bit of a lob on when I fired the Browning".

2. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure I detect afaint hint of hostility in your post Deputy?
  3. A nice quote in the comments section by the journo who took part in the range day in responce to some obvious Guardinista comments:

There are quite a few 'guns are evil' and armed forces are murderers' type comments. It's a shame that they don't realise that the only reason they have the life and lifestyle they have is because of people who can and do use weapons as an essential part of their work.
  4. I'm sure he started blubbing after the safety brief by the Sigs RCO.
  5. The LSW bit... "This is too complicated for me" - amazed that he mastered a keyboard.
  6. "I've been doing this for 36 years and have never had an accident on the range..."

Cue shot of ambulance passing behind crowd. Quality scaremongering!
  7. Obviously no time was made available to instruct on how to hold a pistol properly. Haven't seen a 'Hollywood grip' for quite some time.

Who the fuck was that on the firing point with his smock hood up FFS?!!!! Creature.

And apparently only SF shoot people in the head. Good stuff.
  8. Our hero responds to a comment in order to explain why people enjoy competitive shooting: “@RickNToronto … I reckon it's more John Rambo, John McClane and other Johns with big weapons”.

For all my experience with firearms I don’t feel qualified to respond to that. From his manner and bearing I think the old chap knows far more about “Johns with big weapons” than I ever will. So I for one am just glad to have been given the chance to make up for my inadequacies by shooting holes in cardboard while muttering angry things about all those people that have been rude to me since I was at school.
  9. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

OK he was playing to the camera and his (lefty) audience but is that how most people think? I suppose it puts into context the daft questions about whether or not they give you a real gun with real bullets etc...
  10. That's the second time in 24hrs that I've agreed with you Mr D. Are you free tomorrow night for some love action - we're on the same wavelength?
  11. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Say again in English, over
  12. One of the reporters is called "Butts". Snigger!
  13. Imagine how much it would have been if he'd taken a round or two?

Why did you shoot him?

I was told to fire it into the Butts?
  14. Might have been more realistic if it had been a two way range. But hats off to H4H for finding a good way to raise more dosh.