A warning to shandy drinking southerners.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Pull-up-a-sandbag, Feb 27, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. as all my North East brethren will be aware 2013 will be the start of a boom period for the NE, that is County Durham and Northumbria. The new train factory at Newton Aycliff is due to be built this year, Nissan at Sunderland is taking on a thousand new workers and on Tyneside a new yard for building oil/gas platforms is taking on staff. Now, all you unfortunates that dont live in these two great counties are hereby reminded to stay south of Scotch Corner, these jobs are for us, we dont need anybody from "dawn sarf" coming up here thankyou.
    And especially means anybody from Middlesbrough.

2. Why the fuck would anyone want to go 'oop north' for shitty paid manual jobs, when they can earn 3 times as much in a nice warm office 'darn sarf'?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

• Like Like x 2
  3. So you get your hands dirty do you?

Hmm, I'll have to ask the help what that is like.

4. Cheers for the heads up about the jobs! I best move up from dorset, wouldnt want a long commute now.

5. Somehow I fell that I'll be able to stay well south of the Watford Gap never mind Scotch Corner whatever that is. Actually it sounds like a place where you could meet some very unplesant people who would offer strange sevices for cash.

6. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

are they finally setting up to build some new steam trains up there then?

I'd heard rumours

7. Be carefull that you don't mix with a group of people known as 'the Poor'. There are a lot of them up there.

8. Lots of them in Dorset too. Lots of them everywhere, and their numbers are growing.

9. they are easy to spot - they use buses, wear 'fruit of the loom' jogging bottoms and swear a lot in front of their children...heres an example

10. So are all the Northerners workingon construction projects darn sarff

11. They'll be coming from the East instead - Poland, Romania etc.

However, does this mean we'll get another series of Auf Wiedersehen Pet?

12. Just as a matter of interest, what is the Polish for Pet, Hinny, Mara, and Stotty Cake? Tonight I will be learning how to say "Fuck of back to where you came from" in several East European and third world languages.

13. Or infact anywhere BUT the NE.

[​IMG]

Boom time in the NE. Its all relative, you know?

14. Let the good times rowall. Break oot the crocodile shoo's like.