A walting I will go - kit needed

OK, let the slagathon commence!

I'm looking for a KF Shirt - Shirt green excessively itchy, other ranks for the use of. I'm off to one of those 1950s events and plan as going as a squaddie from the era - only bloody thing I can't find is the shirt, 17 in collar - any ideas? I slung mine years ago

Recommend a caubeen, a bottle of 20yo Bushmills, a batman named Mulligan, and connections with the upper echelons ....
Naah, going for the 'fat knacker passed over RASC Cpl' look

(note for cam_up, I was a fat knacker passed over RAF Cpl but 1950s crab gear is harder to get hold of)

It's not a KF shirt you want, it's one of the earlier all wool jobs with pleated pockets. They were far less itchy than the semi-synthetic shirt KF and had proper tails so they stayed in. Lovely shirts, good luck finding one with a 17" collar - if you do will you get three for me?

You may have more luck finding a WW2 US Army shirt (or a repro), they were supplied to the UK as part of the Lend-Lease agreement and many were still in use in the 50's.

The things you didn't know you didn't know, thanks folks - I take it RASC wore dark blue beret?

Maple said:
The things you didn't know you didn't know, thanks folks - I take it RASC wore dark blue beret?
Yes, but pushed onto the back of the head to allow a quif of hair to fall over the forehead. And an untipped tab in the corner of your mouth.

And a pencil-thin moustache.

Or so I'm told.