A walting I will go - kit needed

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Maple, Jun 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OK, let the slagathon commence!

I'm looking for a KF Shirt - Shirt green excessively itchy, other ranks for the use of. I'm off to one of those 1950s events and plan as going as a squaddie from the era - only bloody thing I can't find is the shirt, 17 in collar - any ideas? I slung mine years ago
  2. bullfinch?
  3. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Recommend a caubeen, a bottle of 20yo Bushmills, a batman named Mulligan, and connections with the upper echelons ....

... and body armour. ;-)
  4. Naah, going for the 'fat knacker passed over RASC Cpl' look

(note for cam_up, I was a fat knacker passed over RAF Cpl but 1950s crab gear is harder to get hold of)
  5. It's not a KF shirt you want, it's one of the earlier all wool jobs with pleated pockets. They were far less itchy than the semi-synthetic shirt KF and had proper tails so they stayed in. Lovely shirts, good luck finding one with a 17" collar - if you do will you get three for me?
  6. You may have more luck finding a WW2 US Army shirt (or a repro), they were supplied to the UK as part of the Lend-Lease agreement and many were still in use in the 50's.
  7. The things you didn't know you didn't know, thanks folks - I take it RASC wore dark blue beret?
  8. Yes, but pushed onto the back of the head to allow a quif of hair to fall over the forehead. And an untipped tab in the corner of your mouth.

And a pencil-thin moustache.

Or so I'm told.
  9. Shirt very itchy.. :wink: