Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by brummieboy1, Nov 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was in our local nick last night, me grand daughter had got lifted for shoplifting a lipstick, she has been spoken to. While I was in there (3 hours) two different sets of squaddies turned up to collect AWOL soldiers.

The first two were from a Scottish Regt, they wore khaki bonnet type caps, both full corporals and wearing RP armbands, the second pair were from the RA, they were chatting amongst themselves, so of course I had an "earwig".

It turned out that the bloke they were collecting had been in the RA for 3 months and 4 days, their boss had told them that he wanted the absconder back in one piece, but black and blue was ok. It was quite an informative evening.

Something that did strike me about both sets of soldiers was that one was white and one was black. Is it organized in this way? I haven't been a soldier for 54 years, so don't know anything about todays organization.
  2. The 'give the tw@t a kicking' bit or the ethnic diversity of the RP lads?

I'd think it was just coincidence.
  3. Thank you for that. From what the 2 lads were saying, they were worried he might escape, and they would then face charges, hence the "black and blue" part. The 2 RP's didn't appear to have any such worries. :D