A.W.O.L.

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by aston, Feb 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi there in the cookhouse and we started having a discussion on awol andcertain mates are on the understanding if zou go awol longer than 2 year you come back for administration then your a civilian.

any one shed any light on the subject??

2. I shouldn't think so. Deserting cunts.

3. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Wrong - the time cut off for admin action and a record for Desertion forever more on your criminal record rather than a DCM and jail time (oh, also with a criminal record) is set at five years, not two.

4. And its not AWOL anymore, in the JPA era its unauthorised absence..or something similar!

5. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

L.W.O.P. ?

6. Not A.W.O.L anymore?!

Is there nothing this prat Bliar hasn't b*ggered?

7. Not A.W.O.L anymore?!

Is there nothing this prat Bliar hasn't b*ggered?

8. Been out for ten years next month. Can any clerk tell me whether the UDM is still used or has it been superseded by this 'JPA' thingy?

9. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

10. Unit Documentation Manual

11. Dont matter how long you go you still get done. During an NI tour in 1979 we had a lad who saved all tour then disappeared, fast forward 5 years and I was at Depot Queen's Div (now ATR Bassingbourne) and along comes Winnie at 90 MPH with the Provo Sgt chasing his ass. It turned out the Police had stopped him doing 40 MPH in a 30 zone and carried out a P Check.

He came back and got 56 days then discharge.

12. ood god pc gets everywhere i expect its called an unplanned absence

13. Since leave is now called absence under the JPA era, would it not be "Absent With Out Absence"????

I'll have to talk to my SSA about that one!!!!

14. Aston, if you are AWOL or you know anyone who is AWOL then it's all good news. After just 12 months AWOL, if you hand yourself in you get what is known as a Bounty Hunters Bounty (BHB) of about £1500 tax free, I think it's that much.

The BHB was brought in, in 1998 so that people, distant family etc. would snitch to the civil Police/RMPs of the whereabouts of a AWOL soldier/airman etc. and receive this bounty. In 2001 an AWOL REME LCpl gave himself in, requesting the BHB. The MoD laughed and basically said fcuk off and were going to bust him and throw hom in Collie for a few months. However, his lawyer claimed it was a breach of his human rights etc. bl00dy etc. and that because he handed himself in, in good faith and in line with BHB guidelines, he was entitled to a reduced bounty. I thnk he eventually received just over £400. He not only got the BHB but was able to soldier on. I read in the News of The world at the time that he did PVR though. Good riddance I say.

I hope this helps.

So, hand yourself in sonny, there's a bit of green wedge waiting for you. Good luck.

15. What about the 2 that turned up in 1980 after 10 years on the trot & had to serve 6 months before being discharged?