A visit to an Israeli boneyard

Proof positive that the brutal Zionists are determined to eradicate the peaceful Palestinians . . .

when I was first in we actually trained with live fire and grenades in a real town in South Lebanon, called El-Khiam. It had been entirely abandoned during the bloody Lebanese civil war and we used it for CQB training.

Last edited:
@loofkar Is this sort of trip safe nowadays ? I'm thinking of the vineyards in the Bekaa valley . If there are battlefield relics , I'd take them in as well

@loofkar Is this sort of trip safe nowadays ? I'm thinking of the vineyards in the Bekaa valley . If there are battlefield relics , I'd take them in as well

A friend was in Beirut for her studies in 2020 and at the weekends, they would visit various archaeological/historic sites in that area and encountered no issues. Beyond that I don't honestly know.
I do remember the area well for its beauty and the villagers seemed friendly enough.

Not really authentic. Where are the red crescent ambulances delivering rockets and ammunition to the terrorists on the front line? ;)

Jacl

LE
One girl does the murals in mini Gaza as well in other army bases. She was an operations room sergeant and her talent was discovered when she did murals on the base and T-shirts for her fellow soldiers.

That second video would not be out of place in the "Fit Birds in Uniform" thread.

not really appropriate as the golem of lore was more like a Frankenstein monster than tech

A bit more like this one then, my precious ...

1656075434002.png

when I was first in we actually trained with live fire and grenades in a real town in South Lebanon, called El-Khiam. It had been entirely abandoned during the bloody Lebanese civil war and we used it for CQB training.
A slightly different form of recycling.

someone on a local forum here is asking what this might be. The photo was taken in the Judean Hills in the late '30s.

Could it have had anything to do with Reg of the Judean Peoples Front running a TV license scam?

View attachment 654151
No TVs back then, but I like the idea.

One girl does the murals in mini Gaza as well in other army bases. She was an operations room sergeant and her talent was discovered when she did murals on the base and T-shirts for her fellow soldiers.

She's living a graffiti sprayers dream. Spray all she wants and gets paid.

A slightly different form of recycling.

a rather depressing dystopian urban (small Arab town) landscape - the town abandoned as-is.
Realistic for live CQB training but also dangerous. Entering a room on automatic after chucking a grenade, a speck of stone ricocheted off the wall in front of me and cut my cheek - I could have lost an eye....
In "official" training facilities the walls are covered with mats or special panels to absorb ricochets.

Last edited:
Actually the closest thing I can think off that resembles a golem is Human Resources.
Created out of dense matter to serve the system it becomes a destructive monster that thinks everything else exists to do its whim.

Last edited:
these might be of interest to someone, one is of an IDF Cent firing during the 1982 Lebanon was. Behind it is a half track with AD mounted twin Hispano Suiza 20mm.
The other pic is from the 6-Day War in 1967 - a captured Egyptian Sherman with an AMX-13 turret.
289901917_10210897388188693_8113129034193396388_n.jpg
291040587_1457876251323194_982873129151856125_n.jpg

Was the Sherman itself captured originally from the IDF ?

I doubt it.
WikiP says:

Egyptian M4A4 fitted with the AMX-13's FL-10 turret.​

Egypt is one of the least-known users of the Sherman. Egyptian Sherman tanks saw limited combat in the Arab-Israeli wars in 1956, 1967 and 1973. This included a local version which was installed with a French AMX-13 tank's 75mm gun turret. In all, Egypt only had a small number of Sherman tanks, probably less than 150 total. Most Shermans in their service with of the M4A4 variant, purchased from the British military forces in Egypt after WWII.[4]

Latest Threads