A Vision of the future Royal Navy

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Mazur_UK, Dec 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. We live on an island, ipso facto we depend on an effective RN. The world's largest supertanker belongs to a pirate. Interesting times.

2. I can well believe the thrust of this!

No more tanks; no more ships; no more aircraft, especially for the Royal Navy; personnel leaving droves, this repellent government has pretty well finished off the Armed Forces.

Why?

Possibly three reasons.

First - as a proto-Marxist government, they understand that Armed Forces, loyal to a third party (HM The Queen) can be a serious nuisance hindering the implementation of totalitarian legislation.

Second - the quasi-Fascists masquerading as a government realise that upon the demise of the Armed Forces, the European Soviet Union will have to take on the defence (of what was a Realm).

Ergo: European Defence Farce by the back door.

Third - No Armed Forces means more funds to squander on:

eye-catching 'iniatives';
    stupid IT projects that will never work;
    more surveillance equipment and personnel;
    criminal immigrants;
    the unwashed and illiterate;
    the political police;
    more civil servants;
    and sundry other ludicrous plans and projects.

3. Yep, sad really. Very good article though.

4. I think for an organisation that wants to be taken seriously, publising crap like this is not a good way to do it. The RN has serious issues facing it, but coming up with some over the top story, full of hyperbole, silly analogies and descriptions will not help. No credible news organisation will pick it up, and it makes the authors look bitter, twisted and out of touch with the challenges of current naval problems. I think this sets back the sites cause and doesnt help it at all.

5. It's irony Jim, it's just irony.

6. They - our Liebore Gubbermint is just doing what all Liebore Gubbermunts have done... Fecked everthing up so much that the next incoming Conservative administration will take years to sort everything out!

The recently released Gubbermint Papers from the 1970s and the Callaghan years have an uncanny ring to them as far as todays situation under Pa Broone and pals. Maybe a 'Winter of Discontent', not this year but in 2009 - 2010.

I have always thought that at times when circumstances are in a certain configuration - History often repeats itself. It is looking more and more so now as as Pa Broone and His Nuews Lie-bore gubbermunts muddles its way through the present crises.

Moses Brown after bringing Mandelbat into gubbermunt, and the reports that Blunkett might become some sort of 'Police Advisor' to Missy Jacqui, Brown must really be scraping the scrapings of the dregs of the Nues Liebor barrel. All indicators of a Labour administration in crisis, with its head up its erse and not knowing what to do next.

How do they do it? Don't they learn nothing from past mistakes, or are all Labour Gubbermunts doomned to repeat the mistakes of the past over and over again and again? :p :p 8O

7. Have you been watching Kevin Costner's "Waterworld" again?

8. Starship Troopers (1)... keep up CF

9. If the astute subs are as good as they say do we really need surface combat ships ? They can sink things and blow stuff up which is inland .
    What else do we want the navy to do ?

10. CAP

11. I think the problem is crewing the astute subs, there are very few matelots who want to serve on them. The ones who get drafted to them often leave ASAP.

12. As no Astute subs are actually in service yet, why do you think that is?

13. Pedant here, they're either one or the other, you can't have both.

14. I'd love to see you try and cram a commando brigade into an astute! Nor are they really equipped to carry out the disaster relief and secondary policing roles which we are also very good at.

An Astute can't provide NGS to deployed forces when they are out of range of the RAF and it isn't a weekend and the weather is okay

The new piracy patrols we are being actioned with might just be a bit more awkward with a submarine, no deck guns anymore to fire a shot across the bows of somalian pirates.

There are probably several other things I could think of and I'm also very away that I've might have just bit on a wah but such is life