A video of of South African AF flying below the radar!

A video of of South African AF flying below the radar!

Aircraft are French Dassault F.1 strike fighters of the South African AF. Turn up the volume and hold onto your seat!

http://www.glumbert.com/media/flylow

one of the few of these low flying vids that is truely impressive!

git got his map out and was studying it whilst gdoing some of that!

D

Deleted 20555

Def not SAAF - doubt very much if they have the capability to do that sort of stuff anymore.

Nice!

The sad thing is that if they had been Brits just imagine the amount of sh*t they would be in...

There is a similar video of UK tornadoes doing this prior to Gulf 1 - I have it in the cupboard downstairs - will see if thro wonders of transfer I can get it from VHS to DV to DVD and here.

One vid I remember is of Bucaneer flying on a Red Flag ex, filmed through a radar controlled gunsight. It had voice recording, and the Crabs where flying *around* sand dunes, the radar unable to keep up. The Septics where saying things along the lines of, Gee come and look at this.. just watch these guys fly... etc.

Made me glad to be gay. Black. British.

The Lord Flasheart said:
Obviously Nibbler ..... proved beyond all shadow of doubt that care in the community does not work.
There goes another cup of tea and half an hour cleaning keyboard and monitor. Thanks Fleshy :wink:

Beautiful.

I kinda guessed they where frogs, I just didn't know where they where.

http://www.chewycentral.com/Media/V...e_Three_Fighter_Jet_Compilation__RID1715.aspx
http://www.chewycentral.com/Media/Videos/AmazingVideos/Altitude_Four__RID1714.aspx

There is an Altitude 5 which has some Very scarey flying by Frog Puma's. Altitude 6 is the jerries trying to look exciting in their tornado's, but it was very dull. Looked like they where also claiming to have done abit of bombing in the gulf on that vid as well...

If anyone knows where I can upload some WMV files I'll chuck them up.

Deleted 20555 said:
Def not SAAF - doubt very much if they have the capability to do that sort of stuff anymore.
I concur, I've seen similar vids of the FAF in Chad!

blue_sophist said:
prats - dangerous prats.
Oh come on BS, OLF should be practiced at every oportunity and they were miles from any civilisation! So there was no chance of anyone sticking in a noise complaint, apart from the odd goat herdsman perhaps.

Oh come on BS, OLF should be practiced at every oportunity and they were miles from any civilisation! So there was no chance of anyone sticking in a noise complaint, apart from the odd goat herdsman perhaps.
Oh come on, soprano54, over. There's more to it than noise compaints from some whimpering cow/sheep/chicken. What we're talking here is "one sneeze and the jet and crew are spread over the tundra" at the taxpayer's expense. OLF is one thing - doing it for the video is another, and tends to engender a bit more enthusiasm than necessary. Where's the room for error at those speeds and altitudes? Rotary OLF at 120 is one thing - FJ at 400 at the same height is another.

War story, c. 1969. Lightning pilot doing rotation take-off for home movie. Lift off, gear up, stay low, keep accelerating, then PUUUUUULLLLL. Instead of 2.5g, Fr**k apparently pulled about 4, went right through the drag curve and sort of ..... stalled at 85 degrees aoa at 200 agl whilst going horizontal at about 300 kts. Quite a fireball, which included himself. Good video? Tell the family.

Sorry to sound old and boring, but have known too many guys not getting the opportunity to be like me. Can't really get enthusiastic about "good vid" when you've seen some of the "unprintables".

Miserable old spoil-sport, aren't I?

[quote

Miserable old spoil-sport, aren't I?[/quote]

Yes. :roll: :wink:

Actually Blue sophist you are not a miserable old spoilsport, just a bit of a twat really, you are the sort of person that would say "oh biggin hill should be shut down, because of the massive fuel tanks near the airfield, what if someone has an accident!!"

the sort of person whom has deemed that when building a replica kit car you are not allowed any curved item on the car with a radius of less than 5mm, in case someone gets hurt, so all the original style items that you are allowed on the road with an original car cannot be used on the replica, mmm makes sense dont it....

The sort of person that would say that I am an idiot when I drive my motorbike at 145mph on a deserted motorway, cos I may hurt myself...

Jeez do we have enough cotton wool to wrap everyone up for you so that you can be content with your safe little responsible world

geo7863 said:
Actually Blue sophist you are not a miserable old spoilsport, just a bit of a t**t really, you are the sort of person that would say "oh biggin hill should be shut down, because of the massive fuel tanks near the airfield, what if someone has an accident!!"

the sort of person whom has deemed that when building a replica kit car you are not allowed any curved item on the car with a radius of less than 5mm, in case someone gets hurt, so all the original style items that you are allowed on the road with an original car cannot be used on the replica, mmm makes sense dont it....

The sort of person that would say that I am an idiot when I drive my motorbike at 145mph on a deserted motorway, cos I may hurt myself...

Jeez do we have enough cotton wool to wrap everyone up for you so that you can be content with your safe little responsible world
OK, fair call in some respects. :oops: Call it a factor of age - and the fact that I developed a "comply with law/regulations" streak somewhere along the line.

Enjoy your 145 on the motorway, and pray you don't get a front blowout. Sadly my "safe little responsible world" is no longer populated by some good guys who streched the limits too far.

Now shutting up and going away to do my knitting :wink:

On the subject of these videos, can anyone know where i can get a hold of that video where JC goes on the FIBUA exercise with someone and gets himself slotted repeatedly for the "inventions that chnaged the world" programme?

Latest Threads