A video of of South African AF flying below the radar!

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Trip_Wire, Oct 25, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

A video of of South African AF flying below the radar!

Aircraft are French Dassault F.1 strike fighters of the South African AF. Turn up the volume and hold onto your seat!

http://www.glumbert.com/media/flylow

2. Nice link!

Definately not SAAF though. FAF in Chad.

WTZ

3. one of the few of these low flying vids that is truely impressive!

git got his map out and was studying it whilst gdoing some of that!

4. If you click on the left hand image under the 'Enjoy' caption, you can also see 'Clarkson's Guide to Improvised GBAD'...

(www.glumbert.com/media/carshoot)

5. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Def not SAAF - doubt very much if they have the capability to do that sort of stuff anymore.

6. Nice!

The sad thing is that if they had been Brits just imagine the amount of sh*t they would be in...

7. There is a similar video of UK tornadoes doing this prior to Gulf 1 - I have it in the cupboard downstairs - will see if thro wonders of transfer I can get it from VHS to DV to DVD and here.

8. Same vid posted about two weeks ago

Been mentioned in the above thread. Obviously Nibbler was the main subject on that thread and proved beyond all shadow of doubt that care in the community does not work.

9. One vid I remember is of Bucaneer flying on a Red Flag ex, filmed through a radar controlled gunsight. It had voice recording, and the Crabs where flying *around* sand dunes, the radar unable to keep up. The Septics where saying things along the lines of, Gee come and look at this.. just watch these guys fly... etc.

Made me glad to be gay. Black. British.

10. There goes another cup of tea and half an hour cleaning keyboard and monitor. Thanks Fleshy :wink:

11. wicked.

12. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

prats - dangerous prats.

13. I kinda guessed they where frogs, I just didn't know where they where.

http://www.chewycentral.com/Media/Videos/AmazingVideos/Altitude_Three_Fighter_Jet_Compilation__RID1715.aspx
    http://www.chewycentral.com/Media/Videos/AmazingVideos/Altitude_Four__RID1714.aspx

There is an Altitude 5 which has some Very scarey flying by Frog Puma's. Altitude 6 is the jerries trying to look exciting in their tornado's, but it was very dull. Looked like they where also claiming to have done abit of bombing in the gulf on that vid as well...

If anyone knows where I can upload some WMV files I'll chuck them up.

14. I concur, I've seen similar vids of the FAF in Chad!

Oh come on BS, OLF should be practiced at every oportunity and they were miles from any civilisation! So there was no chance of anyone sticking in a noise complaint, apart from the odd goat herdsman perhaps.