A very speshul sort of person.

This is a serious petition, worth having a look, self indulgent or what?

Errm, outside of built up areas with streetlighting, the National Speed Limit applies, which varies depending upon the type of vehicle. On all rural single carriageway roads, in the absence of streetlighting and traffic signs showing otherwise, the speed limit for cars is 60mph. So how, precisely, would agricultural vehicles move from farm to field and back, without at some point at least crossing over a public highway which, if this fuckwit gets his way, they would be committing an offence so to do?

Not that it would matter to certain tractors, as they are restricted to a limit of 20mph, so would be OK with his clueless "30mph speed limit" restriction:

)

Would not go down well where I live ... just heard a Tractor go through the village via a road where the National Speed limit applies ( 60 MPH ) and hacks go out from the local Riding School along the same road

I think he lives in our village:

We regularly see trailers full of hay and straw bales being towed along by a tractor with no restraint, no lights, no (or incorrect) number plates often driven by young farmers with no experience of loading or handling heavy vehicles.

If he'd limited it to getting the plods to doing something about the farmers who think that they don't need things like working brake lights, indicators or secure loads then I'd sign right now.

PS: 38 Degrees are a left wing pressure group. One of my colleagues is, or at least was a member.
And yes, he's a bit batty too.

reduce all national speed limit road to 40mph & every one is happy....
I'd say no one on an island needs to exceed 20mph, and everyone should learn to be more relaxed.

All out food can be got from supermarkets these days we don't need farmers anymore, all they do is piss about driving round and round all day in fields.

This is a serious petition, worth having a look, self indulgent or what?

Perhaps we should petition for Darren Noble to be banned from the road due to their dangerous driving :

How many times have you been driving along a country road at 50 to 60 mph and suddenly around a bend you have to brake hard because a group of cyclists are taking up the full width of the road?

Particularly dangerous is the same situation when encountering a horse and rider.. the horse spooks and bucks, the rider loses control and the horse bolts or jumps all over the road.

near me all the national speed limit roads have dropped to 40 / 30,

when I was young & draft a shit box vauxall astra used to be able to corner at a 100+ in the pissing rain

now its 2020 & you can follow an A3 or whatever on the same road & it brakes gently before every corner...

reduce all national speed limit road to 40mph & every one is happy....
Nah! Make tractors with a 60mph cruise speed and all horses have to travel at the gallop at all times.
Cyclists can carry on as normal, and the numbers will dwindle through natural loss.

Perhaps we should petition for Darren Noble to be banned from the road due to their dangerous driving :

How many times have you been driving along a country road at 50 to 60 mph and suddenly around a bend you have to brake hard because a group of cyclists are taking up the full width of the road?

Particularly dangerous is the same situation when encountering a horse and rider.. the horse spooks and bucks, the rider loses control and the horse bolts or jumps all over the road.
Agree. Someone needs to tell the twat that the speed limits are an upper limit and he should only be going at a speed which allows him to stop within the distance he can see ahead.
It’s a fact that the difference between driving in a safe and considered manner and driving like a dangerous lunatic usually amounts to no more than a couple of minutes on an average journey. How many times have you had some idiot itching to overtake you on some B road, eventually screaming past in a overly dramatic (and usually hazardous) cloud of revs and testosterone, only to catch them up at the next junction? Most of us will have been the idiot too and prayed in vain for the lights to change as the bloke driving like a vicar you blasted past three miles ago gently comes to a halt a couple of inches off your rear bumper, and trying not to look at his smug face in the rearview mirror.

I'd say no one on an island needs to exceed 20mph, and everyone should learn to be more relaxed.
If you buggers can manage 55mph on a continent the size of... er... Wale... Braz... Jesu... something really big, then you may well have a point. Mind you, getting to 20mph is something of an achievement on the M25.

If you buggers can manage 55mph on a continent the size of... er... Wale... Braz... Jesu... something really big, then you may well have a point. Mind you, getting to 20mph is something of an achievement on the M25.
Getting up to 10mph on the I-5 for more than a couple of seconds can be a major achievement in any city it runs through on the left coast.

Cyclists shouldn't be allowed on the road, nor should horses.

No cyclists should be allowed on horses except in the circus.

Last edited: