A Very Merry St George's day to all (even Earth and Yars and Remainiacs)

Happy slap a Frenchman day.
Which reminds me of this wee dit:

The train was quite crowded and a U. S. Marine walked the entire length looking for a seat.

There seemed to be one next to a well-dressed French woman, but when he got there, he saw it was taken by the woman's poodle. The war-weary Marine asked, "Ma'am, may I have that seat?"

The French woman sniffed and said to no-one in particular, "Americans are so rude. My precious little Fifi is using that seat."

The Marine walked the entire train again, but the only seat available was under that dog.

"Please, ma'am. May I sit down? I'm very tired."

She snorted, "Not only are you Americans rude, you are also arrogant!"

This time the Marine didn't say a word; he just picked up the little dog, tossed it out the train window and sat down.

The woman shrieked, "Someone defend me! Put this American in his place!"

An English gentleman sitting nearby spoke up.

"Sir, you Americans seem to have a penchant for doing the wrong thing. You hold the fork in the wrong hand. You drive your autos on the wrong side of the road. And now, sir, you seem to have thrown the wrong bitch out the window."

We get it, you don't like hate the English, you're not alone.
All that built up hate isn't good for the soul.
There you go, bringing emotion and hysteria to the debate again, when all that was being done was setting the historical record straight. I'm surprised no Welsh snowflake had screamed 'cultural appropriation'!

If your avatar has anything to do with your service record, then you must have got out there by the skin of your teeth.
Yes - I did Nov 89 to Jul 92. Berlin didn't close formally until 1994. I got the best of it though: fall of the Wall, closure of ACP Charlie and reunification. Glad I was there to see it at first hand!

Yes - I did Nov 89 to Jul 92. Berlin didn't close formally until 1994. I got the best of it though: fall of the Wall, closure of ACP Charlie and reunification. Glad I was there to see it at first hand!
It is quite amazing to see the physical changes that have taken place in Berlin (and not always for the best). For those who have never experienced how it was, it must be almost impossible to envisage it. Very little of that period of Berlin remains and what does, such as the Brandenburg Gate, is so out of context among its new surroundings as to be almost unrecognisable.

It is quite amazing to see the physical changes that have taken place in Berlin (and not always for the best). For those who have never experienced how it was, it must be almost impossible to envisage it. Very little of that period of Berlin remains and what does, such as the Brandenburg Gate, is so out of context among its new surroundings as to be almost unrecognisable.
I know. The previous Mrs Berlin_104s and I visited for a long weekend in 2000 when we were in Osnabruck. To my eternal shame I got lost in the area around the Tiergarten as it was radically different to when I used to do Wall Patrol!

Bout time England had St. George's as a day off like the Irish have St. Paddy's.
Great excuse to get the pints in with mates whatever their lineage.

so’s calling four Kings George, still not as bad a Henry eh?:p
I wonder if Victoria been a man would she have been another George.
You're mixing 'facts'; there were 4 Georges on the trot of a total of 6, but only 3 Henrys consecutively in a total of 8 (actually 9 if you count Henry II's son 'Young Henry') who was titular King of England while his father was focussed more on his French domains.

There you go, bringing emotion and hysteria to the debate again, when all that was being done was setting the historical record straight. I'm surprised no Welsh snowflake had screamed 'cultural appropriation'!
It seems to excite you people to prod the English whenever you can. So much hate in just one event toward people celebrating our country's patron saint day.
It's almost like you're ungrateful for our largesse and potatoes to keep your ancestors fed.:p

You're mixing 'facts'; there were 4 Georges on the trot of a total of 6, but only 3 Henrys consecutively in a total of 8 (actually 9 if you count Henry II's son 'Young Henry') who was titular King of England while his father was focussed more on his French domains.
Still doesn’t alter the fact that many kids were called after Kings or queens. I was the first one not called George. There were still eight Henry’s and young Henry doesn't count if there wasn’t a specific coronation.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer