A Very Merry St George's day to all (even Earth and Yars and Remainiacs)

I'll raise you Edmund, ooops forgot British Parliament says it George.
Yes, considering the number of English saints available, and given the OP's swipe at Remainers, it's hilarious that the Patron Saint of Ingerland is also probably the most Euro available; a Cappadocian Greek who became a member of the Praetorian Guard of Europe's first great empire, and is the patron saint in Georgia, Catalonia, Aragon, Valencia, Portugal, Russia, Bulgaria and Serbia.

Patronages of Saint George - Wikipedia

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
What fun to be English today (and every other day).

Unfortunately, unlike other breeds we don't get parades other than those designated "right wing".

Yes, considering the number of English saints available, and given the OP's swipe at Remainers, it's hilarious that the Patron Saint of Ingerland is also probably the most Euro available; a Cappadocian Greek who became a member of the Praetorian Guard of Europe's first great empire, and is the patron saint in Georgia, Catalonia, Aragon, Valencia, Portugal, Russia, Bulgaria and Serbia.

Wow, we have never heard that before. The things we learn from arrse. <sarc off>

31179586_956956341143667_3165803415875878912_n.jpg

Ms Abbott will complain if she is not drunk about it being a white celebration & out of date in a modern society.

Bollocks.
It's my wedding anniversary today.

I am wearing the Gold ring of power.
(Unfortunately none of the power belongs to me)
Bugger. Shades of Tolkien. She wears the one ring, the ring you wear binds you to do her bidding.

If there's not a public holiday, who gives a toss?

So Bona Diada de San Jordi from one of them.

And have a good Geordie's day to all my old mates, and to you lot.

Have a good St George's day one and all. :salut:

my father, grandfather, great grandfather,GG grandfather were all called George. It irritated my dad immensely when the family wound him up on the 23rd. Mind in retrospect since all four lived in this country since 1791, I think they deserved the appellation.

Yes, yes, that's all very well! More importantly, 30 years ago today I started Basic Training!!