A Very Merry St George's day to all (even Earth and Yars and Remainiacs)

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Speaking of womb watch. BBC just showed a live feed from the sprog hospital. In the background was a female SSgt in 2s, three stripes and crown, duh. But underneath these on her left atm (wasn't enough view of the right arm) was another badhe, about the shape and size of a WO2 badge but higher up toward the rank badge. Didn't catch the capbadge. Dark blue cap iirc.

Anyone suggest who she is and what the badge means?

Speaking of womb watch. BBC just showed a live feed from the sprog hospital. In the background was a female SSgt in 2s, three stripes and crown, duh. But underneath these on her left atm (wasn't enough view of the right arm) was another badhe, about the shape and size of a WO2 badge but higher up toward the rank badge. Didn't catch the capbadge. Dark blue cap iirc.

Have you been at the loopy juice already?
Nothing like starting early.

Happy Geordie's Day to you sir.

IMG_0558.JPG
Pre-Reformation wall painting of St George and the Dragon found under whitewash in St Cadoc's Church, Llancarfan (between Bridgend and Cardiff), and restored.
Note the direct eye contact between the horse and the dragon.

Edited to remove duplicate photo.

Last edited:

Wasn't the R.Sigs Jimmy badge?

Well, England isn't actually an isle for a start but given it's Shakespeare, we can all pretend that it is.
My round, a pint of Pedant for you I believe. :)

Here's one to trigger the remain voters:
Farage St Georges day.jpg

And the English, St George was probably born in what would now be Palestine or Syria
FFS! Don't tell @rgjbloke. ;)

According to Wiki he was born in Lod, Israel.

St. Andrew was from Syria.

St. Parick & St. David were from Wales.

Just remember, your patron saint is a Gog or a Wo. . . .

Happy St Geordies to all of those blessed with the Hackle and of course Happy 50th Birthday to The Royal Regiment of Fusiliers, though I doubt theres very little chance of ever making the 75th
By then they'll be buried in a numbered regiment following their next amalgamation into the Princess of Wales's Royal Sarf n' Eastern Fusiliers or whatever.

According to some he was called Maun who'se be father may have been one Calpernius. Patrick was also referred to as Secundinus, Auxillius and or Iserdinus. Nennius does mention him. Patrick may also have been the name given to Palladius (432) . So apart from the the oft repeated Viking Kidnap story he sounds horribly Roman to me

According to some he was called Maun who'se be father may have been one Calpernius. Patrick was also referred to as Secundinus, Auxillius and or Iserdinus. Nennius does mention him. Patrick may also have been the name given to Palladius (432) . So apart from the the oft repeated Viking Kidnap story he sounds horribly Roman to me
Not surprising as some Welsh heroes of folklore turned out to be Roman generals...

Fair enough! Happy Patron Saint Foisted On You By Your French Overlords Day!
Funnily enough my paternal grandfather emigrated to London from Freiburg (in the 1880s), whose patron saint is also St George.

Could be a Trade Badge or a qualification Badge (* I had a A.T. (Anti tank) within a laurel wreath on my lower Left arm. That was the same size of a W.O. Crown*)
* Other badges available*

Happy birthday to my mate Graham. His dad went off to work and his mum registered the birth. When he came home, saw the certificate and went loopy, she said, "Well I knew it was something beginning with 'G'. . . "

Andrew was a Greek name ( meaning manly, brave, from ἀνδρεία, Andreia, "manhood, valour) which was common to Jews, Christians, and other Hellenized people of Judea
You utter pie.