A typical Hat question....

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Goatman, Oct 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

[​IMG]
    Just curious....anyone from the Parachute unit at AAEE present who may be able to bring a bit of first hand knowledge to bear?

Ta

Goats

2. ........................................I call WAH!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wasn't there a thread featuring winged women- apparently some jobs could bypass the energetic bit of P Company and just do the jumps. I think there was some (justifiable) apoplexy amongst the Para contingent about what badge should be worn as a result. Was there a picture of a particularly unaerodynamic looking doris (was she RN) wearing wings 'earned' in such a manner.

4. What about the Mutant? :p

5. I just thought the parachute harness played havoc with the push up bras.

6. You're refering to the image of the MA who was a member of SPAG

7. What a misleading thread title. I had hoped it would be a thread discussing the merits of the Fedora.

• Like Like x 3
  8. That's the badger. If she's at the pointy end of that job she deserves to wear what the **** she likes.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SPAG%20Walters!!!.jpg

Just for those that missed it........ SPAG Walters!

10. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

My profound apologies - if I didn't think it might make an unsightly mess of my golden bowler I would now be reaching for the Mess Webley.....a new thread on natty gents head gear is indeed long overdue.

Most responses have leapt unerringly to the wrong conclusion - I really don't give a fourpenny fig for Wimmin's issues re the whole parachuting thing.

I was hoping for a considered response re ' Why the British Airborne don't jump from C17' ....ah well...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

At least they have a realistic prospect of doing an operational jump one day.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Oh you bitch.

13. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Yes, the British airborne jump from C17s - just not our ones.

14. Probably because we don't have enough of them, as usual.

15. Call me old fashioned but why would you leave a perfectly airworthy aircraft before it touched the ground. I could understand it if the thing was on fire up in the air but that apart, why!!!!!