A True Tough Man!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Harold_The_Clever_Sheep, Sep 27, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. William is top brass
    27th September 2006 14:00:02

Britain's Prince William is one of the favourites to win this year's Sandhurst Military Academy's prestigious Sword of Honour prize.

The award is given annually to the most impressive performer from each year of trainees and William is being hotly tipped to win it.

The 24-year-old prince showed impressive physical stamina earlier this week, when he took part in a gruelling eight-mile trek.

William and the rest of his platoon carried an SA800 rifle and a backpack weighing 66 pounds during the training exercise, which began at 7.30am and took almost two hours to complete.

The endurance test was so tough that 30 cadets dropped out but the 24-year-old prince was among a small group of the fittest members ordered to encourage the struggling trainees who remained.

The prince's chances of winning the Sword of Honour have been revealed just days after he announced his future plans.
  2. What was that from?
  3. Blimey... an SA800! Is this the equivalent of 10 x SA80s?

SLR 8O
  4. Odds on he was favourite from day one. Poor old OCdt F*cknuts from Liverpool, soon to join 14 Regt RLC - never really had a look in!!
  5. But probably not to do with HRH being there either! Otherwise he wouldn't be off to Loggieland!!! Errr-herrr!
  6. Err......isn't this the CFT?
  7. Ooo Err - some G3 snobbery creeping in there!!!!! Bound to wobble a lower lip or two with a comment like that!!!
  8. thats what i thouhgt, albeit with slightly more weight, most of them dropped out , inspires confidence doesn't it :roll:
  9. Nah - sounds like the 66lb includes the rifle to me - yawn

edit for spelling
  10. I wonder how many of the dropouts were non-swimmers?
  11. untallguy

untallguy Old-Salt Reviewer Book Reviewer

This may be the ACFT or the Sandhurst variation of the CFT.
  12. Any guesses as to next week's headlines?

Prince william completes arduous sit-up and press-up marathon followed by a gruelling 1.5 mile run which takes him nearly 10 minutes to complete...
  13. I don't know why you don't just stick this crap in the NAAFI?

I don't envy William for one moment. He's a young fella who has got off his arrse and instead of taking the easy option of working for Andrew Lloyd-Webber or some such, he's decided to cut his teeth on a military career. What would you prefer from a future King, some real military experience or not? He is also a welcome example of what we should expect from sons of the well-to-do.

I also hope we are not going to see the continued slagging off of a serving soldier/cadet/officer on this, a military website?
  14. You get an award for doing a CFT!!
    Wow! Sandhurst has gone downhill in the past year or so hasn't it?