A True Tough Man!!!!!

William is top brass
27th September 2006 14:00:02

Britain's Prince William is one of the favourites to win this year's Sandhurst Military Academy's prestigious Sword of Honour prize.

The award is given annually to the most impressive performer from each year of trainees and William is being hotly tipped to win it.

The 24-year-old prince showed impressive physical stamina earlier this week, when he took part in a gruelling eight-mile trek.

William and the rest of his platoon carried an SA800 rifle and a backpack weighing 66 pounds during the training exercise, which began at 7.30am and took almost two hours to complete.

The endurance test was so tough that 30 cadets dropped out but the 24-year-old prince was among a small group of the fittest members ordered to encourage the struggling trainees who remained.

The prince's chances of winning the Sword of Honour have been revealed just days after he announced his future plans.

What was that from?

William and the rest of his platoon carried an SA800 rifle and a backpack weighing 66 pounds during the training exercise, which began at 7.30am and took almost two hours to complete.
Blimey... an SA800! Is this the equivalent of 10 x SA80s?

SLR 8O

Harold_The_Clever_Sheep said:
William is top brass

Britain's Prince William is one of the favourites to win this year's Sandhurst Military Academy's prestigious Sword of Honour prize.

The award is given annually to the most impressive performer from each year of trainees and William is being hotly tipped to win it.

The 24-year-old prince showed impressive physical stamina earlier this week, when he took part in a gruelling eight-mile trek.

The endurance test was so tough that 30 cadets dropped out but the 24-year-old prince was among a small group of the fittest members ordered to encourage the struggling trainees who remained.

The prince's chances of winning the Sword of Honour have been revealed just days after he announced his future plans.
Err......isn't this the CFT?

GROWNUPS_BEWARE said:
But probably not to do with HRH being there either! Otherwise he wouldn't be off to Loggieland!!! Errr-herrr!
Ooo Err - some G3 snobbery creeping in there!!!!! Bound to wobble a lower lip or two with a comment like that!!!

CutLunchCommando said:
William is top brass

thats what i thouhgt, albeit with slightly more weight, most of them dropped out , inspires confidence doesn't it :roll:

untallguy

Old-Salt
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
CutLunchCommando said:
William is top brass

This may be the ACFT or the Sandhurst variation of the CFT.

Any guesses as to next week's headlines?

Prince william completes arduous sit-up and press-up marathon followed by a gruelling 1.5 mile run which takes him nearly 10 minutes to complete...

I don't know why you don't just stick this crap in the NAAFI?

I don't envy William for one moment. He's a young fella who has got off his arrse and instead of taking the easy option of working for Andrew Lloyd-Webber or some such, he's decided to cut his teeth on a military career. What would you prefer from a future King, some real military experience or not? He is also a welcome example of what we should expect from sons of the well-to-do.

I also hope we are not going to see the continued slagging off of a serving soldier/cadet/officer on this, a military website?

You get an award for doing a CFT!!
Wow! Sandhurst has gone downhill in the past year or so hasn't it?

I don't see this as slagging off the heir to the throne but rather taking the p1ss out of the press for reporting a non event. So Prince William has just completed a CFT. Well done him, sounds like it was quite a tough one. The press would probably report him ironing his kit if they got the chance.

Birdie_Numnums said:
I also hope we are not going to see the continued slagging off of a serving soldier/cadet/officer on this, a military website?
HRH has my admiration for getting stuck into his military career, but do the press have to report every last detail? I think not, it's hardly news, is it? Soldier completes fitness test...so what? We all do it!

Couldn't agree more but where do the press get even the most basic details from? If pers within didn't leak stuff out then there is little for the media to go on.

My point exactly. Obviously, the press haven't done their homework (again) and have taken a half-truth and added a load of complete tosh to it in an effort to make it newsworthy. Why when there is so much credible and interesting news in the world, do they make so much garbage up?

Latest Threads