A true hero

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by old_bloke, Jan 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seconded.....

2. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

The man definately has large cojones.

I couldn't help giggling at the wit of the bomber in question though, who having expected to see a garden stuffed full of fair maidens and wine fountains, found himself face to face with a burley, hacked off fireman:

"What, it's only bread in'it"

and yes I know that is wrong!!!

3. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

'Kin hell. Bloody good effort!

I wonder how he managed to escape so easily, a fireman must be used to kicking in things...!

4. Good stuff Mr Campbell!

I have to say I'm stumped by this revelation:

A rucksack on his back in a bath? :hmm:

5. And what a man, swinging the bag toward a mum with her baby on the train. Well done that fireman who tackled him, pity he wasn't swung under the train himself.

Slightly off topic, why are six individual barristers representing the six men on the same charges with all six men denying the same two conspriacy charges? Presuming this is on legal aid, why can't one or two do the job? Imagine the saving! I understand that each defendant have a seperate detailed case but hey on the money lawyers are paid, I'd do it and juggle balls on the courtroom floor if need be.

6. I suspect the average soldier had they been in the same situation would react in a similar manner. In fact the average soldier may well have detained the failed bomber rather than letting him escape.

Personally, I do not and never will have any respect for any of the striking militant b@stards. (fireman)
    Our time could have been better spent preparing for war than having to do the greedy b@stards jobs for them :evil:
    There are plenty of real heroes on this forum without us blowing smoke up firemans Arrses. (Sorry couldn't resist) :wink:

7. Perhaps all 6 of the Defendants should be taken to the Dems pit at Gib Bks given a new rucksack with some proper explosives in and sent on their way to meet 72 virgins, at least we know that the explosives would do their job this time.

Sparky

PS i can arrange some leave if they need someone to help in the dems pit :)

8. Well, the fact that some (maybe the majority?) are striking b@stards does not take away from the exceptional courage of Mr. Campbell!

I've got to agree with Dozy though.. rucksack in a bath in Birmingham whaaa? :frustrated:

9. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

DIY Shaped charge????

10. Because each charge is an individual charge to be proved. A defence barrister is obliged to challenge the evidence produced by the other defendants' barristers. One innocent defendant could be incriminated by the other guilty b****/defendant therefore they have to have separate barristers.

11. If you lived anywhere near Brumistan you'd take anything valuable you owned everywhere on your person too...

12. proper minerals that!
    good show!

13. I love the way the failed bomber ran up a down escalator! Twàt

14. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Note the bit about fleeing dressed as a women in a burka? sounds familiar....