A true hero

Seconded.....

The man definately has large cojones.

I couldn't help giggling at the wit of the bomber in question though, who having expected to see a garden stuffed full of fair maidens and wine fountains, found himself face to face with a burley, hacked off fireman:

"What, it's only bread in'it"

and yes I know that is wrong!!!

BBear

LE
Kit Reviewer
'Kin hell. Bloody good effort!

I wonder how he managed to escape so easily, a fireman must be used to kicking in things...!

And what a man, swinging the bag toward a mum with her baby on the train. Well done that fireman who tackled him, pity he wasn't swung under the train himself.

Slightly off topic, why are six individual barristers representing the six men on the same charges with all six men denying the same two conspriacy charges? Presuming this is on legal aid, why can't one or two do the job? Imagine the saving! I understand that each defendant have a seperate detailed case but hey on the money lawyers are paid, I'd do it and juggle balls on the courtroom floor if need be.

I suspect the average soldier had they been in the same situation would react in a similar manner. In fact the average soldier may well have detained the failed bomber rather than letting him escape.

Personally, I do not and never will have any respect for any of the striking militant b@stards. (fireman)
Our time could have been better spent preparing for war than having to do the greedy b@stards jobs for them :evil:
There are plenty of real heroes on this forum without us blowing smoke up firemans Arrses. (Sorry couldn't resist) :wink:

Perhaps all 6 of the Defendants should be taken to the Dems pit at Gib Bks given a new rucksack with some proper explosives in and sent on their way to meet 72 virgins, at least we know that the explosives would do their job this time.

Sparky

PS i can arrange some leave if they need someone to help in the dems pit :)

TheBigUn said:
Personally, I do not and never will have any respect for any of the striking militant b@stards. (fireman)
Our time could have been better spent preparing for war than having to do the greedy b@stards jobs for them :evil:
There are plenty of real heroes on this forum without us blowing smoke up firemans Arrses. (Sorry couldn't resist) :wink:
Well, the fact that some (maybe the majority?) are striking b@stards does not take away from the exceptional courage of Mr. Campbell!

I've got to agree with Dozy though.. rucksack in a bath in Birmingham whaaa? :frustrated:

Radical_Dreamer said:
TheBigUn said:
Well, the fact that some (maybe the majority?) are striking b@stards does not take away from the exceptional courage of Mr. Campbell!

I've got to agree with Dozy though.. rucksack in a bath in Birmingham whaaa? :frustrated:

DIY Shaped charge????

MyssL said:
Slightly off topic, why are six individual barristers representing the six men on the same charges with all six men denying the same two conspriacy charges? Presuming this is on legal aid, why can't one or two do the job? Imagine the saving! I understand that each defendant have a seperate detailed case but hey on the money lawyers are paid, I'd do it and juggle balls on the courtroom floor if need be.
Because each charge is an individual charge to be proved. A defence barrister is obliged to challenge the evidence produced by the other defendants' barristers. One innocent defendant could be incriminated by the other guilty b****/defendant therefore they have to have separate barristers.

Radical_Dreamer said:

If you lived anywhere near Brumistan you'd take anything valuable you owned everywhere on your person too...

I love the way the failed bomber ran up a down escalator! Twàt

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Note the bit about fleeing dressed as a women in a burka? sounds familiar....

Hrmmmm yes good old bhurqas. Cover a multitude of sinners they do. Wonder if any Imams came out and denounced him for dressing like a woman. I am sure I read somewhere in a Muslim text that a man shall not dress in the clothes of a woman nor a woman dress as a male for it is unholy, similar to the Christian idea. Unless that is more as a law against overly made up trannies in ridiculously sequinned ensembles :D

Fireman Angus Campbell is a true hero who would have fit very well in the fabric of the NYFD around the time of 9/11.

While not trying to start a controversy, I can truly and honestly say that we in the US know how to honor our heroes. By this time the man would have had streets named after him and he would be a household name....

Well done Angus Campbell. Well done.

Yeah, i agree that he fronted up the would be, failed, suicide bomber, but what else did he do? Let him run away.

Probably did an FBU agreed risk assesment and decided it was too risky, unless the government agreed a 25% pay increase for including suicide bomber tackling in their role.

He should have kicked the Sh!t out of him.

Whilst the bloke definately showed some gumption, I don't think Red Ken should be out there hanging something around his neck (or naming the new Wembley Stadium after him Devil Dog)! He had a chat with the bloke FFS. Now if Fireman Sam had restrained the guy until BTP had pitched up (maybe given the twat a dig or two for good measure), then he would have been in line for a gong (QGM?).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
vvaannmmaann Charities and Welfare 14
Ethel_the_Aardvark The NAAFI Bar 8
WildernessPete The Intelligence Cell 63