A top German psychiatrist's take on what Islam may lead to...

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Steven_McLaughlin, Aug 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I hope that this message won’t be deleted by the moderator as I realise that it might be somewhat controversial – but nonetheless I do believe that it contains an essential and unavoidable truth: A truth that one day our children and their decedents may have to battle with inside Britain itself, if we don’t begin building bridges and honestly debating the issues now. The author sets out a doomsday scenario which doesn’t necessarily have to happen, if only our developed world governments would start getting to grips with the problem now – rather than attempting to put out fires in fifty years time. For what it’s worth I think we can avoid this potential nightmare by radically reassessing our foreign policies and attempting to mobilize the peaceful, silent majority of Islamists to overthrow and howl down the lunatics that currently run the show. No easy task I know but we’ve got to at least try; lest this dreadful prophesy comes to pass…

The author of this text is said to be Dr. Emanuel Tanay, a well-known and well-respected psychiatrist. His references to past history are accurate and clear. It is not unduly long but easy to understand, and well worth the read.

“A man, whose family was German aristocracy prior to World War II, owned a number of large industries and estates. When asked how many German people were true Nazis, the answer he gave can guide our attitude toward fanaticism. 'Very few people were true Nazis,' he said, 'but many enjoyed the return of German pride, and many more were too busy to care'. I was one of those who just thought the Nazis were a bunch of fools. So, the majority just sat back and let it all happen. Then, before we knew it, they owned us, and we had lost control, and the end of the world had come. My family lost everything. I ended up in a concentration camp and the Allies destroyed my factories.

We are told again and again by 'experts' and 'talking heads' that Islam is the religion of peace and that the vast majority of Muslims just want to live in peace. Although this unqualified assertion may be true, it is entirely irrelevant. It is meaningless fluff, meant to make us feel better and meant to somehow diminish the spectre of fanatics rampaging across the globe in the name of Islam.

The fact is that the fanatics rule Islam at this moment in history. It is the fanatics who march. It is the fanatics who wage any one of 50 shooting wars worldwide. It is the fanatics who systematically slaughter Christian or tribal groups throughout Africa and are gradually taking over the entire continent in an Islamic wave. It is the fanatics who bomb, behead, murder, or honour-kill. It is the fanatics who take over mosque after mosque. It is the fanatics who zealously spread the stoning and hanging of rape victims and homosexuals. It is the fanatics who teach their young to kill and to become suicide bombers.

The hard, quantifiable fact is that the peaceful majority, the 'silent majority,' is cowed and extraneous.

Communist Russia was comprised of Russians who just wanted to live in peace, yet the Russian Communists were responsible for the murder of about 20 million people. The peaceful majority were irrelevant.

China’s huge population was peaceful as well, but Chinese Communists managed to kill a staggering 70 million people.

The average Japanese individual prior to World War II was not a warmongering sadist. Yet, Japan murdered and slaughtered its way across South East Asia in an orgy of killing that included the systematic murder of 12 million Chinese civilians; most killed by sword, shovel, and bayonet.

And who can forget Rwanda, which collapsed into butchery. Could it not be said that the majority of Rwandans were 'peace loving'?

History lessons are often incredibly simple and blunt, yet for all our powers of reason, we often miss the most basic and uncomplicated of points: Peace-loving Muslims have been made irrelevant by their silence. Peace-loving Muslims will become our enemy if they don't speak up, because like my friend from Germany, they will awaken one day and find that the fanatics own them, and the end of their world will have begun.

Peace-loving Germans, Japanese, Chinese, Russians, Rwandans, Serbs, Afghans, Iraqis, Palestinians, Somalis, Nigerians, Algerians, and many others have died because the peaceful majority did not speak up until it was too late. As for us who watch it all unfold, we must pay attention to the only group that counts--the fanatics who threaten our way of life.”

2. I'm not convinced that the 'silent majority' of muslims do not quietly support the fanatics. Recently there seems to have been a surge in assertiveness by muslims, often in a small way , but one which indicates where their sympathies lie.

3. I'm not sure as to why a 'top psychiatrist's view of Islam has any more (or less) relevance than someone working in a burger place or any of us on here. It's certainly not a qualification that gives expertise in international studies. It's no more and no less an anti-Islamic piece of puff that could have been written by anyone.

4. This is an old viral email. I'm at a bit of a loss as to why you've posted it now!! Haven't we already "radically reassessed our foreign policies", are we not assisting the (not so silent) Muslims to rise up against these "lunatics"?? Or am I living in some kind of weird nightmare where our forces are in a country called Afghanistan!!

5. Soooooooooooo you dont like islamic extremists then??

6. The world's population is a silent majority. How many times have the majority disagreed only to be over ruled by the powerful minority?
    The silent majority of Israel are apparently against the Gaza blockade. They say nothing so it goes on. Human Rights violations, blatant disregard for International Law, US puppetry .... blah blah blah.
    The silent majority are always to blame. After all, someone has to be blamed when things go tits up don't they?
    Maybe if the silent majority turned round and said "Hang on chief...we're not happy about US foreign policy. And while you're there we don't care much for Zionism. And also we're not too chuffed about the world's only mega-power doing whatever they like, whenever they like to whomever they like. Have a word". Will they be heard? Will they buggery.
    This is the way it is and the way it's always been. We can blame Germans for not speaking out against Hitler. We can blame Jews for not speaking out against Israel. We can blame Yanks for not speaking out against Bush and we can blame Britain for not speaking out against Lionel Blair and the whole WMD debacle.
    No one listens.
    I'm also unsure of what point Steve McLaughlin is trying to make posting this. After three years in the Army all I could think of was 'when is payday' and 'where's my next posting'. It was after 22 years when I started giving a shit about other stuff. Maybe I should write a book. Seems to be the done thing these days.
    I agree with psychobabble. What's being a 'top psychiatrist' got to do with anything? Sigmund Freud was a 'top shrink' and he based theories on coked up hookers and had an obsession with mother *******. Maybe if the piece wasn't written by a Jewish holocaust survivor and was written by a prominent Islamic Cleric it'd carry more weight.
    But hang on..like Mummybear said, we're already helping them to do that.
    Would Tanay have written the same shit if the silent majority were more worried about Israel and it's nuclear capacity? Would he bollocks.

7. Well said.

Ironically there is some controversy who actually wrote this piece...but I guess it sounds better to some if they say "A top German, well-known and well-respected psychiatrist" was the author rather than "Paul E. Marek the Canadian blogger" !!!!

8. Though I agree with the general direction of the piece, it can be about any radical philosophy. It makes bold strokes about something which is common knowledge. Does the phrase kicking in an open door apply here? I think it does.

Still, we ought to be vigilant and it doesn't hurt to repeat the message every now and then. But not by a semi-anonymous Blockhead shrink.

9. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I think having an argument about relgions and extremism, and using a German as the basis for your argument can go all manner of ways, mostly badly.

Oh, sorry, it's Muslims this time . . . . carry on.

10. So Steven, in a nut shell Dr Tanay is suggesting evil men prevail when good men do nothing....hardly earth shattering I would have thought, pretty much the norm actually! People have been living in the 'my stick is bigger than your stick' scenario since time began. The biggest practitioners are governments themselves. Given their track record in all this we'll be waiting some time for them to come to their senses, especially considering that the foreign policy of "developed governments" is always formulated on 'interests'. There is nothing 'developed' in any governments interests which these days appear to reflect the 'interests' of big corporations whose interests are based on the control and ownership of resources that are usually located in another country.......jeez, I'm beginning to sound like Sir Humphrey from Yes Prime Minister, so I'll finish.......except to add one last thing, I thought from the semantics in the western media that the Islamists were the bad guys....surely you mean the silent majority of muslims! Personally speaking, I'm well over the way language is twisted to suit political/ideological ends.

11. Yep. Wise Arssers. Nothing new here. Musashi had it covered in his strategy of "The General knows his troops" which, roughly translated from the Japanese (a race not unfamiliar with how to get the majority to do as told) means "Someone will tell our enemy's silent majority what to think and to do so it may as well be us"

For many a year people have tried this on the British. To get us to believe in multiculturalism and in buzz phrases like "The ethnic minorities enrich our culture".

So how encouraged must these mind controllers have been to see Stavros Flatley gain over a million Facebook admirers ?

That is what we call multiculturalism, a Greek cockney taking the p-iss out of the Irish. You don't get more British than that. God save the Queen.

The other day leaving DW Sports gym I unlock my old mountain bike. Some Muslim taxi drivers were also leaving the gym. I mention that I think my bike power unit is on its last legs and probably its big end is blown. They immediately seize the theme and laughter spills forth. I was very pleased and said "You are ripping the p-iss out of me little Muslim chums. You are integrating. Next step is for you to laugh when I rip the p-iss out of you. Did you hear the one about the muslim taxi driver who thought a rear view mirror was for examining boils on his arse"

We have some way to go but progress is promising.

12. Exactly, from this account I have no idea why his views should be more seriously considered than anyone else.

13. Dr Tanay doesn't like guns either...

14. Haven't we put it on the OU social sciences course to be taught as fact ? Like the Lawrence Inquiry.

Or have we been rumbled that what we do to consign this sort of thing to obscurity is to give it to sociologists to take seriously ?

15. "Steven_McLaughlin", whilst there is much in what your post says, you will find that there are a number of handwringers & apologists on this site who will be rushing to accuse you of being Racist, Nazi, EDL, BNP, NF, Neo Fascist etc! This being their way of trying to silence anyone daring to question their blinkered views on Islam, the so called "religion of peace & enlightenment where in its epicenter, Saudi Arabia, any trace of all other religions are BANNED, being enforced by the religious police! A religion where christian doctors & nurses are slaughtered by fanatics who feel threatened by their misguided humanitarian efforts in aiding the poor & sick in Afghanistan & Yemen!