A Tank Soldier dies/

Discussion in 'RAC' started by BarceBandit, Jan 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My Friend 'Ernie Johnston' died on Tuesday January 8th aged 87 years.
    'Ernie' was a WW2 tankman who served in North Africa and Italy in a little known unit that delivered tanks to forward units to replace knocked out vehicles., it was known as 'No1. Armoured Replacement Group' later was added 'CMF' (Central Mediterranean Forces).
    Their little known badge was divided Red/Yellow with the Head of Mars with a tank silouette on his forked tongue.
    "If we cannot do him honour while he's here to hear our Praise,
    Then at least let's give him Homage at the ending of his days,
    Perhaps just a simple headline in the paper that would say,

Attached Files:

2. RIP Ernie
  3. sad another tankie goes to the green fields beyond.rip ernie.
  4. Quis Separabit Ernie
  5. Barce, it won't happen. The meejia are too interested in the size of Jordan's boobs or whether Posh Spice has put weight on. Pathetic, but true. I hope "Ernie" lived his life to the best, smerked tabs, drank beer and shagged ruthless wimmen, without a care in the world.

Hope you are ok oldtimer xxx
  6. I should add that Ernie was a member of the 'Boy Scouts Association' from well pre war until his death. He was even one of the few who went to Russia a few years ago to start the Association there. Over 70 years helping the young people of the world. I knew him in both the scouts and tanks, funeral on Tuesday, so it's Beret, Blazer and walking stick I'm afraid, there's not many of us left.
  7. R.I.P Ernie.

Another peice of History gone would have loved to talk to him.
  8. RIP Sir.
  9. RIP Sincere condolences to family and friends
  10. An 8th.Army Desert Rat was buried today, wearing his Black Beret and RTR badge. RIP Ernie mate.
  11. Another sad loss to the Green Fields Beyond, may he check his levels on that great tank park in the sky. RIP.