A suitable tasking for THEM coming up?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by chocolate_frog, Aug 27, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Libya: Man suspected of killing Pc Yvonne Fletcher identified - Telegraph

Country in disarray, this guy is wide open.

Pop in, grab him, 'extraplate with rightous perdition and extreme rightousness' or what ever the new buzz word is from our incestous cousins..., have in front of the Old Bailey for murder... then let him go and let him stay in UK with benefits...

right, scrap plan A.

Just shoot the cnut in the kneecaps and leave in his own shit house.
  2. Along with a swift street-side tracheotomy on the Lockerbie fella.
    Sterilized surgical instruments need not be used.
  3. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

In this case I would no moral qualms about a bit of extra judicial justice carried out under the cover of current chaos but I have a question for the legal beagles to debate.

The 'alleged' murderer had diplomatic immunity so could not be prosecuted unless that immunity is waived by his government. Given that the immunity was granted to the G'daffy government and the murderer was acting under the instructions of G'daffy could the incoming government be considered to be competent to waive the immunity.

It would probably be better if he was dealt with by a Libyan Court where such niceties may not be an issue. If it ever does come anywhere near a British court I would not mind betting that his lawyers will certainly be saying that his immunity is still valid.

The problem with playing fast and loose, or being thought to, with diplomatic immunity is that we give others the excuse to do so with less justification with our diplomats on the wrong end.
  4. related, i said on this site months ago that we should snatch al-mugabri (sp) back. It would at least demonstrate to the yanks that we are still world class and have some cahouners.

**** the Scottish Parliament, **** lucrative oil deals and double-**** the ECHR - lets just do it - what's the worst that could happen?
  5. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Can we inject him with Ebola and find out?
    • Like Like x 3
  6. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I should imagine he's prety fucked anyway.
    If the rebels get hold of him he's in trouble for being part of the Col's set up.
    If he runs he's no D.I. so we can scoop him up from there.
  7. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Anything he did in the UK whilst he was a diplomat is covered by diplomatic immunity unless his government waives it. His government has ceased to exist.

Playing fast and loose with diplomatic immunity is a slippery slope.
  8. For future reference,it is spelt "Cajones".
  9. A chest of drawers?
  10. Balls
  11. Don't be oblique. It won't help...
  12. Better still, inject him AND the lawyers with ebola.

On second thoughts, maybe not....the ebola would reject the lawyers.........
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Seconded - especially the first part.:twisted:
  14. Might be a bit tricky. IIRC Ronnie Biggs was snatched from Brazil in the 80s. He had to be sent back in the end because snatching him was illegal. And that was in the days before the Human Rights Act.
  15. The fatal flaw in that plan was allowing him to survive the outward journey. Innocent times... (no pun intended)