A sudden rush for MQ's?

PC gone mad. And the rest of the services will follow. It does not sit well with an infanteers ethos.

On another note, how about getting the non-married long term co-habiting heterosexual couples sorted first? Follow the aussie services rules (proof of shared interests/love?! and bank accounts from what has been explained to me) and completely give up on traditional values - ergo no more to complain about 8O

Agree with wibblefishbanana

lets sort out the silent majority first, before appeasing the loud minority. I honestly don't think it will be long before homosexuality becomes a career move.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I'll be buggered if I'll join the Navy!

sknn said:
I'll be buggered if I'll join the Navy!
hope you heard the news today, Navy now planning to actively recruit more gays.

'More Rum, Bum and Backy for the boys in Blue - but steady on the booze and fags' :lol:

in_the_cheapseats said:
On another note, how about getting the non-married long term co-habiting heterosexual couples sorted first? Follow the aussie services rules (proof of shared interests/love?! and bank accounts from what has been explained to me) and completely give up on traditional values - ergo no more to complain about 8O
I would expect that the MQ allocations will be equally open to hetrosexual and homosexual couples, who have entered into a civil partnership; to do otherwise would be discrimination.

Personally, so long as the relationship (whatever it is - hetro/homo) does not affect operational effectiveness or the integrity of the unit, I think that MQs should be available to them. However, I would expect that stringent criteria are applied to ensure that people do not meet a girl/boy on a Friday night and apply for a MQ the next week.

in_the_cheapseats said:
PC gone mad. And the rest of the services will follow. It does not sit well with an infanteers ethos.
Tend to agree but Alexander the Great's army had a large contingent of homos and they were a pretty good mob. Was he the exception that proved the ethos?

I co-habited with 19 other blokes but they never gave us a MQ - was that discrimination I wonder?