A strong password that can be easily memorised

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by naguere, Jun 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Send me your bank login and current password and i will invent a secure password for you in moments. No charge plus, save yourself the time of checking out the website
  2. No it's not, it's the way I've done it for some time. Can't remember where I read about it, it's not my own idea, just one I adopted.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. How hard is it to sort a password out on your own without the help of a responsible adult. Fcuk me sideways.

Car reg plate?
    Service nr?
    Combination of the above etc etc...blah blah blah.
  4. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

I use my Postcodes going back years - alphanumeric and I slip in upper and lower case. Oh, Auld Yin, don't bother trying 'cos I don't use my current Postcode so you cant access my pictures folder to see TSO skinny-dipping, my favourite gimp mask and THAT position...

B T W... I know it's the wrong area, but what's this about our old friend Tierney trying to join the ACF? Anyone know?
  5. Install Lastpass use this GRC technique to develop a 'master password'.

job jobbed.
  6. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Yeah, well. We all have our issues and we are all Special, eh. Welcome to 2012. How did 2005 work out?

And since we're on? Your sig. What the fuck is this all about?

I wasn't born on 2005 but that sounds like complete fucking bollocks to me.
  7. You can't mention piccies like that without giving us a little peek.
  8. Personally I use a small, self-written program that generates a password of 8 to 32 characters (selectable) that includes upper and lower case alphanumeric characters and is based on the time and date. The encoder it uses is also self self-written and uses the same techniques as the war-time Enigma machine.
    With the aid of this I can generate a different, unique password for each application and website. The program will always generate the same password for a given time and date so what I do is store a list of all the applications and websites along with the times and dates each password was generated.
    Using this method it's imperative you back-up the list regularly. My server is backed up each night and once a week the back-ups are archived. In addition to that I copy my password list and all critical work to a series of flash drives every Friday.
  9. Very Germanic obsessions you seem to be exhibiting. If I were you I would not be so slavish as to do the routine every friday.
  10. I just use iluvtonyblair69 for everything .

• Like Like x 1
  11. I always thought "FUCK!!!" would be strong and easy to remember.
  12. I place money on half the biffs in here using a certain 8 digit number that can also be found on their payslip and ID discs, possibly even scrawled on your kit in black marker.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I don't do most of it, my back-up program (NovaStor) does everything except the flash drive copies. Why am I so obsessive? I think the phrase 'twice bitten, don't be such a pratt again' might be self explanatory!
  14. ITSupportAreABunchofGeekyTwats2011 was a difficult one to explain when I needed a reset & I made no friends with GCOBlowsGoats100%True...