A Strange LOA question

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by harryflashman, Feb 5, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Could anyone help me with the following question please:
    Q.Can i still receive family LOA

    Married man living in Germany, but living in the mess at duty station
    Wife and family in private hiring( 2 chlidren) (in germany 52miles from station)

    Was receiving LOA for family. if the above man moves into the mess for travel reasons but remains married, can he still receive family LOA.

    Thanks for any help
  2. Sorry, the answer, according to the RAAC, is no. I cannot remember the exact wording but it is something along the lines of the family must live where you travel daily to work from.

    The only way around it is if you've got a very good reason for your family to stay there and have authority from UKSC(G). And by a very good reason I mean something that you cannot control, ie for medical reasons.

    I await the shooting of the messenger........
  3. Can't see why you shouldn't. Your best off asking your admin office.

    If you do, remember to tell all the singlies in the Mess. Particularly when they are all supping and complaining about pads in 'whingers corner' in the Mess.
  4. Have you consulted the Admin Wallahs? If they have given you some bone answer that does not sound right then tell your Pl Sgt/CSM/Soldier mag - anyone with some clout who will get the correct answer for you.
  5. This will end up with all the rest of the unanswered pay questions ??

    NOBODY KNOWS :idea: :roll: :wink:
  6. Nobody cares.
  7. There is something along the lines of having to be living at the duty station with your family ie be accompanied !!

    If they don't live at the same duty station as you then I would say that you are unaccompanied.

    Of course that is only for people who choose to live this way, if there are reasons beyond your control then that is a matter for G1 in JHQ
  8. Shrub is right. I recently attended a long course, and because of family circumstances had to leave my family in Germany for the duration of the course instead of taking a quarter in UK for 6 months. I had to apply to G1 for permission to keep my family in Germany and to have certain allowances while i was in UK. LOA was granted for my time away, but without G1 approval i would have got nothing and had to move my family.